Deadpool (2016)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why is Ryan Reynold's name on this? He's thus far unattached to the movie (as much as I wish otherwise).

j00t

Is that official? Ryan Reynolds and crew basically said they didn't want to do it if it wasn't R

j00t

lol. I was referring to the writer and director that he has been working with on the project. the 3 of them were all pretty serious about doing proper deadpool. the impression Fox left was that the date of the movie left little time to find a new writer and director. and if they were on board then ryan Reynolds being included was a foregone conclusion.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So yeah, it's going to be rated PG-13. Remember when studios weren't afraid to make movies like Blade?
Actually it's not fear it's money. PG13 is where the money is at. So fucking sad but that is how it is. Everything R rated and up has to be made by the likes of HBO and company.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
For fun,

Here is a link to box office earnings sorted by MPAA rating.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...e=NC-17&p=.htm

NC 17 top grossing is Showgirls @ $ 20k lol
R rated is The Passion of the Christ at $370mm followed by Matrix 2 at $280k.
The saving grace for Deadpool is the Hangover at #3 @ $277mm. An R rated comedy can still make bank !

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was really good, and quite accurate.

We cripple ourselves over language, and we shouldn't. They wanted to rate Clerks NC-17 due entirely to language, which is fucking crazy. Fuck. (Oh no, this is now a Rated R post)

Homsar

Talk about getting the shit end of the stick, hes been casted in everything for failure when it comes to comics. Blade and wolverine were going to be awful with or without him but is brief moment as Wade was great, as for Green Lantern the even made Sarsgard look terrible

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish they'd do it right and make him break the 4th wall a couple times during the movie but that's probably too much to hope for.

Homsar

I wish they'd do it right and make him break the 4th wall a couple times during the movie but that's probably too much to hope for.
Reynolds has spent the last couple years with the writers, script has stayed true to the comic, as for R rating I think its going to happen. hopefully this Fox and marvel merger works out.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What Fox and Marvel merger?

I know that Marvel worked out a deal with Sony, but haven't heard about anything involving Fox.