Deadpool (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
shit you're right.

I still think Deadpool will be good. It really doesnt have to be R rated but it takes away from 4th wall ect

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except in the new DoFP continuity XMen Origins never happened. Those events only occurred in Wolverine's memories.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Saw this not too long ago. The curse of PG13...

i just want to say thanks for a great video and a movie review channel i never heard of that is full of hours of cool movie info. i wish i could plus you even more.

on topic. fuck ryan reynolds. the summer glau of superhero films.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What exactly is the big deal about Gina Carano? She'll have some throwaway role with minimal speaking lines just like whichever Fast and Furious movie she was in.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So how do they erase what happened in Wolverine Origins since all these movies are linked?
With some creative license they could make it so that his healing factor regenerates his body after his head is severed. At the end of Origins it does show him still being alive and his mouth no longer sewn shut. Due to the amount of regeneration required it could push the factor to a whole new level, his body is regenerated from his Base DNA and override the genetic manipulation by striker (eye beams, computer control, teleporting) etc.. new bodies clearly would not have swords in his arms anymore. The use of this much healing makes him crazy.

Its actually not that much of a stretch

Nester

Vyemm Raider
NM, /sigh

The Tim Miller directed feature will showcase Deadpool's origin as a cancer-stricken mercenary who undergoes an experimental treatment that cures him, but also leaves him disfigured.

j00t

I don't see the issue with Gina carano. People flip out when she's not cast as wonder woman... But she's added to a deadpool movie every says its doomed... She does better action scenes than most men. Give her some lines and let her throw some punches and call it a day.

And that synopsis is interesting because it basically says that there is NO way that xmen origins would have happened. Even if the timeline want messed with, it still wouldn't have happened. There's no mention of wade gaging cancer in that movie. I mean unless this is saying that this is during the time period where Logan was with solver fox after Vietnam? It totally doesn't make any sense. Clearly they are just like, that movie didn't happen. Don't even ATTEMPT to reference its existence.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, yeah. Days of Future Past was a huge retcon. Totally got rid of the shitshow 3rd X-Men and Wolverine Origins. I guess technically it got rid of everything that happened after 1973, but there's no telling how everything went down in Wolverine's current timeline until we see more movies. I'd wager they just ignore X3 and Origins and run from there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's the problem with Carano, her action scenes in Haywire were really good, but when she opened her mouth to talk, it was atrocious. Haywire was released 4 years ago, hopefully she's spent all that time taking acting 101.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The script has been out for this for years. They address Wolverine Origins in the opening 60 seconds. Also Colossus is his "straight man".

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
They address Wolverine Origins in the opening 60 seconds.
How? Feel free to spoiler it so others don't get butt hurt. With that said, if they script has been out for years, do you really think they would still use it now that this movie is finally getting some legs?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The script has been out for this for years. They address Wolverine Origins in the opening 60 seconds. Also Colossus is his "straight man".
Colossus being a major character in the movie is probably the most exciting news for me. Him and Nightcrawler have been my long time favorites.

j00t

Yeah, I'm real happy with that. I love colossus, he never got much love in the movies. And as far as the script goes, a lot of it was lifted pretty closely from the comics. The beauty of it was blending several different issues into one cohesive story. It was pretty hilarious, I have no problem watching that movie. I think anyone who read it thinks the same.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ignoring the Wolverine Origins bullshit sounds awesome. Just stick the movie in with the rest of the Marvel continuity and pretend that piece of dogshit never happened. Easy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
In the opening scene, according to the old circa 2011 script:

Camera starts on a Deadpool toy from the Wolverine Origins movie. You hear DP say something like "Ahhh yes.. that. I remember the day it came out. It completely ruined my life. It was awful. It ruined everything I thought I knew about the world." *cut to* Deadpool holding up Wham's later album.