Deadpool (2016)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Colossus is a weird ass choice for a DP story. Whens ya boy Cable gonna get his chance to shine?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It really wouldn't surprise me if the pitch meeting went like this.

Cable and Deadpool was a comic series that fans really liked.

Whose Cable?

You know, that mutant with the shiny eye and metalic arm.

C named mutant with shiny arm? huh

Colossus and Deadpool!

Xevy

Log Wizard
X-Force is already in development. Calm your Cable fears.

Deadpool and Colossus work because Colossus is very much the 'straight man' 'dogooder' type. And he's invincible. Then you have walking the line Deadpool who's also invincible. That's a good match. One of the few lines of the script I read was when Deadpool runs into Colossus and tries to fight him. It was pretty epic.

For some reason they meet and Colossus goes fulls shiny on him. Deadpool, not caring or knowing, punches as hard as he can and hits Colossus, breaking his arm at the wrist graphically. Then, being Deadpool, he punches him with the other arm. It also breaks gruesomely. At this point Colossus says he should give up and Deadpool, circling him with two crippled, malformed arms goes "Oh, but all the other dinosaurs knew... T-Rex was the most feared of them all!"

I mean if this shit makes it in and it's rated R, it's our DUTY for us to go see it at least twice in theater so it makes money.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If anything remotely that awesome makes it into the movie, I'll be there opening day and pre-order the 3D smell-o-vision bluray.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, if they do Deadpool right I'll buy 3 tickets just to show my love. I'm still annoyed by Fox, but I'll reward them for getting something right. Maybe it'll convince them to step up their game.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I remember reading that line in the script. I immediately told my wife and we still bring it up every so often. If colossus is in the movie, that line is guaranteed to be in the movie

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Colossus doesn't make sense if you just think of characters from the comics that were with Deadpool, but yeah he should definitely make a perfect strait man for DP. And there's absolutely no reason not to use him. Ties it in to the X-Men without making it too entwined, so they set the stage for the two franchises to cross over down the line if it succeeds without doing something irreversible without more time travel shenanigans.

Xevy

Log Wizard
More than anything I wanted them to tease Deadpool in an X-Men movie. Have him be in a mall at a burrito stand or something during a Sentinel fight. Not like a close up on him, but just the nerds can pick him out. I woulda creamed.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, little intros to other characters in small scenes or post-credits would be a huge fan service. Having Deadpool eat a burrito in any of the X1-3 movies would have been the best thing in those movies.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yea, little intros to other characters in small scenes or post-credits would be a huge fan service. Having Deadpool eat a burrito in any of the X1-3 movies would have been the best thing in those movies.
A chimichanga would have been even better.

rrr_img_90716.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The healing factor is integral to the character, even more so than it is to Wolverine. You can't take it away without destroying the character.