Deadpool (2016)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watched it again today and confirming what someone above said about the final fight:
The carrier definitely has turbines like a helicarrier, although they aren't exactly the same kind as the ones that Iron Man restarted in Avengers, so maybe an older model or something

This movie was still awesome the second time around, maybe even more so because of being able to appreciate all the little things better this time.

I still say it is the Mad Max of 2016. If you didn't like Mad Max that much, then feel free to substitute your own favorite movie, but my point is that no one expected Mad Max to be the tremendous phenomenon that it ended up being, and I feel Deadpool is the same way. We were all excited for both movies, as nerds, but never expected what happened with mainstream viewers. Either way, it is the movie to beat for best (edit: most entertaining) movie of the year right now, and unless Civil War is extra awesome I'm not sure what else might come close. Certainly not Batman vs. Superman, I'm betting.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I hope this movie does is show the retarded suits in Hollywood you can make plenty of money with having an R rating. Tons of 5-6 year olds in the theater I was in last night. Though that could just be because parents are retarded.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tons of 5-6 year olds in the theater I was in last night. Though that could just be because parents are retarded.
We bought tickets for the kids today, then I had a huge nosebleed and had to leave. It's Marvel, I cannot die them their superheroes. Except for Jessica Jones, that is.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Loved this thing - far far better than I had hoped. For the first time in well, ever, I'm thinking of going back to see a movie I just saw, again.

Really helps me forget about the abortion that was the latest Star Wars movie.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A+ would watch again. Debating preordering digital download as soon as it's available.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Loved this thing - far far better than I had hoped. For the first time in well, ever, I'm thinking of going back to see a movie I just saw, again.

Really helps me forget about the abortion that was the latest Star Wars movie.
Get a load of this guy

Column_sl

shitlord
CbOOf2JUkAA4YBJ.jpg:large

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just came here to post that, the numbers its putting up is crazy

also'
Back to talking about the movie tho. I believe this will be the top grossing rated R movie of all times.

That is very good because we want rated R content to perform well so the studios aren't afraid to make them.
There is no way in hell this movie is going to pass "American Sniper" or "Passion of the Christ." Random comic book guy that 90% of the country never heard of isn't going to beat a war movie, or a movie about JC.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
etchass must have went to the IRB school of predictions.
Still a long way to go before it reaches Passion and Sniper, which had low weekly drops. Next week drop will be more telling but 370 is a lot to ask. Of course, adjusted for inflation, it will be well short.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it's at 260mil worldwide at day 3 bro.American SniperWW is 547mil and released last year.

Passion's370mil adjusted for inflation is 519mil (62 on the list). maybe out of range, maybe not. but Passion had multiple theatrical releases to help it, plus, ya know, jesus.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deadspin says ~42.8m for sat. And upped the 3 day to 133m estimate, weekend 4day to 151m... If it pans out like that, highest fox superhero opening ever, and had Deadpool at 7th overall for superhero openings. Damnnnnnnnnnn. I thought 90 tops, it got that just Fri/sat.
Now we just need a NC17 rated Lobo movie.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lang was huge as fuck in Avatar wasn't he? He could do it again to be Cable if he was interested I'd wager.

Edit: yea he can get plenty big if he needs to
stephen-lang-col-quaritch-and-sam-worthington.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah Huge as fuck, rofl...

LANG_AVATAR.jpg

Hes a average height, and an old man.He's never been even close to a super hero physique...

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think height is actually his biggest problem, anyone can do a cycle of trenbolone to get huge as fuck for a role and its not like some of those guys dont use the shit anyway. But Cable looks to be a foot or so bigger than Deadpool, idk what you do about that......and Ryan Reynolds is listed at like 6'2''. Even if its exaggerated and Reynolds is say only 6 feet, Cable would still need to be a lot bigger to pass off the size comparison, he sure as hell couldnt be shorter. In the face he looks the part, but yea, that looks to be where it ends.

reference

321727-23092-deadpool.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
According to Marvel, Cable is 6'8 and Deadpool is 6'2. I don't think 6'8 is needed, but probably an actor taller than Reynolds and in lifts in boots or something. He doesn't need to tower over him, he just needs to be bigger than him. He'd definitely have to be like 240lbs+.