Deadpool (2016)

Devlin

Golden Squire
Are there any DC examples of that? I've tried to think of some before but could only come up with Marvel cloning DC characters.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Isn't there some sort of shitty comic book thread you guys can make so your faggotry can be contained?

Oh wait, there is. Use it

Caliane

off the top of my head, got nothing. but I am certain its happened.

namor before aquaman. but really have little in common.
namor before black adam as well.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ok just got back from the movie.

fucking movie theatre- their "xps" atmos theatre..fucking projector broke.. before the movie started. so manager comes in and no-one can hear him, we all have to move to a different show of the movie- and...we cannot sit where we bought tickets due to others for THAT showing having tickets in our seats...so had to sit in the 2nd row from the front..

That said..it wasAWESOME. my kids loved it, my wife loved it, so did my sisterinlaw..

and to top it off, everyone at that showing got free tickets to another movie for our troubles.

oh and the end credit scene...just...Niiice
smile.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't read comics but I'm somewhat familiar with Deadpool since I'm not 90. This movie was pretty much everything I could want out of a Deadpool film. It was hilarious and great.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yes, stay for the end of the credits, worth the wait.

A+ movie would watch 10 more agains.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why people take their kids. Maybe middle to late teens isn't so bad, but we saw a couple come in with two kids under 10.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't know why people take their kids. Maybe middle to late teens isn't so bad, but we saw a couple come in with two kids under 10.
My brother lets my nephews (17, 13, and 10) watch "Game of Thrones." I don't know if this is bad parenting or awesome parenting.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Went to a late showing after work tonight and it was fucking excellent. Best of all I got a free ticket due to an unplanned intermission.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My god that was great, gotta go see it again after the crowds die down. It was hilarious, but a packed theater and the one after another jokes so close together I think I missed a ton of stuff because laughter didnt even have a chance to die down. Its like they went through every line and scrapped it if it wasnt awesome, which is great. An excuse to go back I guess? I dont know if ever an actor met a more perfect role.

There will be angry parents that took their kids and were appalled though, just wait for the outrcy you just fucking know they will trash Marvel for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great movie. I'll probably see it again with another batch of friends. Couple things I'd change, but I think it's more preference than complaint.

I kind of wish either his girlfriend died, we found out she was Copycat, OR, almost died, used Copycat ability, copied Deadpool DNA too closely, BOOM. Lady Deadpool.

Also wish Colossus and Angel Dust fight wasn't as close as it was.

Him fucking with Ajax while talking to Colosuss (throwing the hubcap) was amazing.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Gunna have to stop reading this thread for a while because of spoilers. But before those start, a question for those who have seen the movie. What movie does it most closely compare to in your opinion?
Just got out of the theater. Fucking amazing.

But to answer your question, I'd say it's a mix. Imagine a hard R rated guardians of the galaxy but funnier, combined with a sort of man on fire/equalizer disturbing visual style of violence.

But the whole time i was watching it, it felt like mad max fury road. In the "omg what alignment of the stars did it take for this movie to get made and not get shit canned by the studio"

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Colossus is the best straight man ever. 5/7 will see many more times.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is movie was so good, I could talk about a dozen different awesome things, but I'll just summarize all of my fanboisism.

Deadpool is 2016's Mad Max.