Deadpool (2016)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The movie is awesome. They made fun of the cliches and stupid things Hollywood keeps throwing at us, the on liners....that part when he is asking if its sexist or not to hit a girl (spider monkey few seconds before ahah), i died laughing.
Well worth the wait.

8/10

And Deadpool didn't change the R rating, it just proved , AGAIN, that R rated movies are necessary, profitable and loved by the majority. That shit happened in the 80's, and back then, kids couldn't download Robocop or Die Hard from the web.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What made you give it an 8/10? I'd give it a 9/10, and it only loses a point for the lack of discernible plot. Deadpool was the plot.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure you understand what discern means. The plot may have been simple and shallow, but if you had trouble discerning it that sounds like your problem.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I saw this the other day and enjoyed it immensely. I think a lot of the jokes were lost on the Swedish crowd though (I think I was the only one in stitches from all the different pedo nicknames he gave to the recruiter guy - especially "Heya Jared, I'll have a footlong!"

I laughed pretty much nonstop and saw it in imax (which is a total ripoff but damn it was sweet) and I am now dreaming of seeing it again. I honestly feel like this is the type of movie everyone should go watch and 'vote with their wallets' because I need more R rating in my life.

I also gotta say the barkeeps was on point with his banter.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure you understand what discern means. The plot may have been simple and shallow, but if you had trouble discerning it that sounds like your problem.
Oh, shutup. The critics have said the same, and I agree with them. The movie was like the Seinfeld of superhero movies. It was hilarious, and also aimless. This is still in my favorite list of superhero movies though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I find it strange that people are calling for a Wolverine cameo while complaining about the X-Men movies having too much Wolverine.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I find it strange that people are calling for a Wolverine cameo while complaining about the X-Men movies having too much Wolverine.
Well its like Wolverine should always be R rated and a X men always has to be PG13. So to much wolverine in a X men movie pussifies Wolverine. While a Wolverine cameo in a R rated Deadpool allows Wolverine to be himself. So people that want a Wolverine Cameo in Deadpool are actually asking for something different then the X men version of Wolverine. They want the true Wolverine while the people saying there is to much Wolverine in a X men movie actually mean there is to much of this fake P13 Wolverine in this X men movie.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The only great Wolverine cameo was already done in First Class. It should begin and end there. But if Deadpool had to borrow from something it would be this one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BTW they really fucked up the Stan cameo. Deadpool should have walked past him in the street or something and been like 'Hi Stan' and have Stan reply 'Hi Wade'. Or maybe 'Hi Ryan', not sure which would work better.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
DC should take advantage of this and do a proper Lobo Movie. Lobo> Deadpool imo, and his graphic novels are way better.

lobo-premium-format-01.png
The Main Man. I'd be there day 1.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
It's too bad that the New 52 Lobo is neutered as fuck but there's always this gem from back in 2002. Still the best Lobo fan film out there.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Wow totally blown away by how good that was. Hopefully the start of a special year in comic book movies.

Only negative I had was the easter egg at the end, which for me was kind of meh. Will be buying the DVD for sure.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
oh and instead of immediately going to the 'thats a face i could sit on' line, Vanessa should have started with 'Oh my god you really do look like Freddie Kreuger facefucked a topographical map of Utah'.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well its like Wolverine should always be R rated and a X men always has to be PG13. So to much wolverine in a X men movie pussifies Wolverine. While a Wolverine cameo in a R rated Deadpool allows Wolverine to be himself. So people that want a Wolverine Cameo in Deadpool are actually asking for something different then the X men version of Wolverine. They want the true Wolverine while the people saying there is to much Wolverine in a X men movie actually mean there is to much of this fake P13 Wolverine in this X men movie.
No, not really
Wolverine was part of the Xmen, the movies have made it that he is the Xmen...he just became to central a figure in what should have been an ensemble

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
oh and instead of immediately going to the 'thats a face i could sit on' line, Vanessa should have started with 'Oh my god you really do look like Freddie Kreuger facefucked a topographical map of Utah'.
That is why i gave 8/10. Not because of that joke specifically, but sometimes i was expecting other jokes that would be funnier in my mind.
Like in the end, when he is about to shoot Ajax and colossus came along with that 4 moment speech, thought Deadpool was going to shoot him 4 times in the head and say "there you have my 4 moments."

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That would still only be 1 moment, practically and logically. Unfortunately, we can only kill the bad guys once.

I was sort of expecting Francis to inject her while she was in the tank.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That would still only be 1 moment, practically and logically. Unfortunately, we can only kill the bad guys once.

I was sort of expecting Francis to inject her while she was in the tank.
Which some how magically survived being buried under an aircraft carrier; but a sword poked right through, NP....