Deadpool: The Game

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Hoping for great things from this game, but expecting a cheap "hey, it's Deadpool!" kinda thing. Likely to buy it for some laughs regardless.

Heard that it might have a Never-Dead kind of aspect to it where he loses limbs / his head. Which, if done right, could be pretty fun.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm expecting this to be fairly decent since High Moon is making it and Fall of Cybertron was awesome.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Just got this today, haven't heard a single person talk about it. I hope that it isn't as bad as all what it's looking like.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's not gonna win any awards for originality, but the humor is fantastic. I've cracked up a few times in the first 2 hours. But it's fairly standard hack and slash. Picked it up just cause i'm a huge fan, and it's more or less what i expected.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I was on the fence about picking this up today, but went ahead and pulled the trigger. I do not regret it at all

It's actually pretty fun and Deadpool is god damned hilarious. They really nailed Deadpool himself and the humor and that's what really matters.

The combat is also fairly fun and some parts can be absolutely brutal on hard. Ranged enemies can tear you to fucking shreds pretty fast if there's a couple or more around and you don't deal with them quickly. Melee combat is fairly button mashy, but you do have to counter shit or it will rape you. I don't know how the combat flows on easier difficulties, but it's definitely involved enough on Hard to be fun.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This game is absolutely fucking hilarious. Like, it's probably the most vulgar video game ever made.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Whatever you do, don't watch the giantbomb quick look. I watched it last night, the complaints about it, outside of "clunky controls", were essentially that High Moon and Nolan North made a Deadpool game that had Deadpool being accurately Deadpool

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This game is absolutely fucking hysterical. Will update more thoroughly tomorrow.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
It absoloutly is the most vulgar video game ever. Your first meeting with cable, i almost fell outta my chair laughing. It`s worth the price of pick up for anyone still on the fence =)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing on PC, and with KB + Mouse or Gamepad? My X360 controllers are so old they won't hold a charge anymore so can't really use them with the Microsoft PC dongle thing. I've got a couple of PS3 controllers that I guess I could just plug in with the USB and use?

Was trying to play Darksiders II yesterday with KB+mouse and just gave up, was horrific, and while Arkham City played well enough think I'd much rather go gamepad for these.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I've got a couple of PS3 controllers that I guess I could just plug in with the USB and use?
I never got my PS3 controller to work on my PC, but figured I would try again now. Been a few years since I tried last.

Just tested this 5 minutes ago. Picked the option to emulate the PS3 to a 360 controller. Seems to work perfectly.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have a hard time paying 50 bucks for what appears to be an indie game. I love games like this with it's humor, but is this more of a Deathspank type of game, and rather than charge a normal 15 bucks, Activision pulled an Activision, or is there something more to this that I am not seeing?

Troll_sl

shitlord
This game is not for you if: You hate Deadpool. You were expecting Wolverine. You hate fun.

This game is for you if: You love Deadpool. Enjoy laughing at your computer. Like tacos.

KB+M works fine for me. Had to rearrange some of the keybinds, but after that, it was fine.