Deadpool: The Game

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game was hilarious but the gameplay was awful. Normal was too easy and hard wasn't hard it was just annoying and tedious. Fall of Cybertron was much better.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Pretty much echo everyone here.

The game was hilarious and nicely paced. My only complaint is the controls were beyond terrible.
Spent more time than I should have remapping keys and shit.

Other than that, great game. 7.5/10

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
For someone looking for Arkham City style combat would this be a good pick? I need the catharsis of fluidly kicking bad guys in the face without actually having to move.

Sean_sl

shitlord
For someone looking for Arkham City style combat would this be a good pick? I need the catharsis of fluidly kicking bad guys in the face without actually having to move.
Yes and no. The combat is a little clunky compared to the Arkham games, but it does use a similar system for counters and there's pretty obvious button prompts. In big melee fights you can definitely sit there just doing combos, Gun Kata, and countering.

This does not work at all for fights with Ranged attackers though and they will destroy you if you do not take them out from range with your guns. You also have to be fairly proactive with movement against big enemies (though they are rare) and boss fights. At least on Hard anyways, I don't know how different it is on normal though apparently it's way, way easier.

Word of advice if you're playing on hard: Buy the expensive guns immediately and upgrade the fuck out of them. This is super important on Hard at least. It makes life a hundred times easier. The + Ammo upgrade in general skills is also pretty important to get in conjunction with all the gun's own upgrades. For melee weapons I'd also probably go straight to Hammers. They hit super hard and I believe one of their abilities is a random instant kill, but I'm not sure on that (the final ability in the +Damage line is just marked as ?????????). The Swords are a good alternative if you'd prefer to use those, they do decent damage and have a good Bleed effect when fully upgraded. Maxing out the best guns asap is definitely most important and you should do that first regardless.

Oh, and before any upgrades, buy the cheapo gadget unlocks. They don't have any upgrade tables (except for being able to hold more in the general tree, which is good to get at some point) and they don't cost much and they're all good consumables that you can use pretty much constantly.