Deadpool: The Game

Sean_sl

shitlord
I have a hard time paying 50 bucks for what appears to be an indie game. I love games like this with it's humor, but is this more of a Deathspank type of game, and rather than charge a normal 15 bucks, Activision pulled an Activision, or is there something more to this that I am not seeing?
No, it has fairly high production values. It is most certainly not a 15 dollar game. I have no clue what the stick up reviewer's asses are about this game, but I find it to be great. It's funny as all fuck and they nail Deadpool better than anyone has ever nailed a comic book character in a video game - their presentation of him is *perfect*.

The gameplay is also a lot better than reviews let on, especially when you get a good amount of upgrades unlocked. I have played way the fuck worse in quite a few 60 dollar games.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No, it has fairly high production values. It is most certainly not a 15 dollar game. I have no clue what the stick up reviewer's asses are about this game, but I find it to be great. It's funny as all fuck and they nail Deadpool better than anyone has ever nailed a comic book character in a video game - their presentation of him is *perfect*.

The gameplay is also a lot better than reviews let on, especially when you get a good amount of upgrades unlocked. I have played way the fuck worse in quite a few 60 dollar games.
Ok. We generally like the same games and share the same opinions so I may have to check this out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I never got my PS3 controller to work on my PC, but figured I would try again now. Been a few years since I tried last.

Just tested this 5 minutes ago. Picked the option to emulate the PS3 to a 360 controller. Seems to work perfectly.

I am glad I bought a used Xbox Controller (USB wired) for 15 bucks. Plugged it in and I was done. What a gigantic pain in the ass that must have been.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh god, the part with Cable had me in tears.
Think that's the first time iv'e ever completly cracked up watching a video game cut scene.

Side note, if you sit on the main menu for a bit, you get some funny little gags as well, in case no one noticed.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am glad I bought a used Xbox Controller (USB wired) for 15 bucks. Plugged it in and I was done. What a gigantic pain in the ass that must have been.
Indeed. I never got it to work until now. Remember I tried when I first got it, but then there were no custom drivers for it, so windows would never recognize it. Always found it a bit odd considering I could plug it into the PC via USB, charge it, but it would not detect it.

Only tried this now because my wired controller is broken and I wanted to play Deadpool. Certainly not plug and play, but now that it is done, it works fine. Can not wait for the PS4 controller to come though. I hate the L/R2 triggers on the PS3 (never bought the addons you can get).

Goatface

how long is the game? trying to avoid spoiler reviews, so only things i have seen is short

Sean_sl

shitlord
Finished it on the highest difficulty and holy fuck, those last two boss fights were bullshit hard. Lol lots of one-shot attacks.

Sean_sl

shitlord
how long is the game? trying to avoid spoiler reviews, so only things i have seen is short
Not sure, since I don't see a plays time state, but I probably put a good 10-12 hours into it on the highest difficulty. Could probably beat it in half that on easy.

shishare

Yeah, the game isn't that long. Think i maybe put in 10 hours, before the last boss, and yeah, the difficulty ramps right the fuck up at the last couple guys.

Being a trophy and achievment whore, i'm sure i'll be doing a couple more play throughs, so in the end game will be worth it to me. If your not a huge deadpool fan might not be worth it, but like everyone else has stated previously, it's straight up fucking hilarious from start to finish.

gonna say 7/10, based mostly on not being long enough

Duppin_sl

shitlord
This looks amusing, but I'm not short of games to play right now so I'll wait for a sale based on the short length.

Troll_sl

shitlord
This looks amusing, but I'm not short of games to play right now so I'll wait for a sale based on the short length.
If you're not a huge fan, I'd probably suggest this. It's certainly worth it for the laughs, but it is short.

I'm getting my money out of it, but it does kind of feel like it would have been better priced at $25-30.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So does this game get funnier? I loved the initial part when he was in his apartment. The first level isn't funny. At all. And I am hoping for some shock value but really there just isn't anything funny yet.

So far, the funniest part for me was when
Some chick in the intro told him about not doing that sexual stuff any more, and at the end of her message, he shot her picture off the table with his gun... lol that was hilarious

But other than that I sure as hell hope it picks up.

Devlin

Golden Squire
It really does capture Deadpool really really well so far.

I love it but I am sitting here in my Deadpool t-shirt so take from that what you will.

shishare

The actual gameplay has a few one-liners but its the cut scenes that are the true awesomeness.