Deadpool & Wolverine

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Got my Thursday 3D showing. It wasn't available in normal 3D IMAX, just that 4DX bullshit, but whatever.

Goatface

1716400878423.png

1716400893827.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The expectations for this to perform way better than a typical Deadpool film should are through the roof. Superhero films are down and the expectations for this to be some kind Endgame blockbuster is unfair. Deadpool movies gross about 750m. If it does better than that, then so be it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The expectations for this to perform way better than a typical Deadpool film should are through the roof. Superhero films are down and the expectations for this to be some kind Endgame blockbuster is unfair. Deadpool movies gross about 750m. If it does better than that, then so be it.
For once, I agree. After all, it's still an R-rated film and only two R rated films have ever grossed over even 800 million worldwide. There's potential there but I think it's hardly a guarantee.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Going back to the DP 2 discussion

I always thought the best way to describe it is:

Deadpool has a better story and plot.

Deadpool 2 has better characters

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For once, I agree. After all, it's still an R-rated film and only two R rated films have ever grossed over even 800 million worldwide. There's potential there but I think it's hardly a guarantee.

It'd have to be a big hit internationally to the tune of 700m which just isn't going to happen. Deadpool isn't that popular overseas.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It'd have to be a big hit internationally to the tune of 700m which just isn't going to happen. Deadpool isn't that popular overseas.
I also think people who spend a lot of time on the internet tend to overvalue internet/social media hype. Snakes on a Plane, anyone? I mean, there are certainly metrics that point to a monster debut and big NA run but I'm pretty sure it's not going to sniff the biggest MCU films.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I also think people who spend a lot of time on the internet tend to overvalue internet/social media hype. Snakes on a Plane, anyone? I mean, there are certainly metrics that point to a monster debut and big NA run but I'm pretty sure it's not going to sniff the biggest MCU films.
Youre pretty spot on here. I know a few people who did not care for the Deadpool movies, its just not their type of humor. Everyone was pretty invested in the Endgame story line and will be hard to top.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
honestly, i thought Deadpool said all it needed to say in the first movie, does he even have an archenemy or a nemesis to build up to? i get the two movies mixed up and now they are attaching him to the MCU, nobody knows who the hell he is in the MCU.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Pathetic

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I didn't preorder tickets as my health situation is iffy but I did talk my wife into going to a theater. Last time that happened was Top Gun: Maverik. I'll see it , maybe not opening day though. Really looking forward to it too. Also if you guys don't normally go there, there is an amazing viking/wolverine fan movie in the video thread.

• 4Like

Siliconemelons

All in i thought the entire point of Deadpool was he was a broken character that has powers outside that of the worlds existence because he knows he is a character and has even rewritten things etc etc… so…the movies were always going to just be a fan service fest - the first one does all that- even with a touch of nudity to fit the whole thing, and in the 2nd we were to somehow worry for him?

joz123

Potato del Grande
All in i thought the entire point of Deadpool was he was a broken character that has powers outside that of the worlds existence because he knows he is a character and has even rewritten things etc etc… so…the movies were always going to just be a fan service fest - the first one does all that- even with a touch of nudity to fit the whole thing, and in the 2nd we were to somehow worry for him?
Juggernaut had the best plan. Pull his limbs apart and Deadpool is useless.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Going back to the DP 2 discussion

I always thought the best way to describe it is:

Deadpool has a better story and plot.

Deadpool 2 has better characters
A love story and then a family film. They are just as advertised.

I would assume this is a buddy comedy.

For the first time in a while...I have expectations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly can't stand Ryan Reynolds, guy has been playing the same character since van wilder with the only difference is what the rating of the movie is. It's been since deadpool 2 since Ive seen one of his movies so I figure I am due for another.

Sterling

El Presidente
I honestly can't stand Ryan Reynolds, guy has been playing the same character since van wilder with the only difference is what the rating of the movie is. It's been since deadpool 2 since Ive seen one of his movies so I figure I am due for another.
He definitely isn't noted for his huge range. He's real good at that particular thing though. Van Wilder, Waiting, and now these movies. It works well in context.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
He definitely isn't noted for his huge range. He's real good at that particular thing though. Van Wilder, Waiting, and now these movies. It works well in context.
The show that introduced me to Ryan Reynolds and Nathan Fillion.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God