Deadwood

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sopranos is like watching Archie Bunker, it's so old and tons more shows that are better.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Keep in mind that this was HBO's first real attempt at an R-Rated character driven TV Show. This type of thing had never been done before. Yes, they missed the mark at times, but the overall story was an excellent one.

Oz would like to have a word with you.

OZ was the trial run. No Sopranos without it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

First few seasons of Oz were pretty good, although it ended super weird and Beecher kept getting fucked over (figuratively and literally).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I never watched Oz. It seemed gratuitous and vulgar for the sake of being gratuitous and vulgar. Is it worth watching these days?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
First three seasons were great. Others had ups and downs. Last season went off the rails a bit.

Still think it's worth watching.

Gotta comment on Oz. It really is a weird precursor to the avalanche of superb TV that was on it's way.

It is also why, every time a Farmer's insurance advertisement comes on the tube, I go, ew, who the fuck decided it was a good idea to hire Schellinger as a spokesperson?

Oz: A-
Wire: A
Sopranos: B+
Deadwood: the cocksucker gets an A

iannis

Musty Nester
Sopranos was pretty good on average. Some episodes were better than others. Some seasons were better than others.

I think we can all agree that the last season of it was terrible. The season where he was in the coma was really good though, and they should have ended it with unambigously killing him there. All dogs go to heaven. It would have been a much more impactful finale than the blackscreen of stupid.

Boardwalk 1-2 is also rewatchable. Just a really great sort of period drama. 3+ can be fun, but they're more like fanfiction. Jimmy was the beating heart of the entire thing, not ghoulface. I even like ghoulface!

Did anyone mention that there's a deadwood movie set to be made? I'll be happy to see it. Been too long since i've seen a corpse fed to pigs or Swearington say Coooocksuckah. Yeah, it was mentioned just a page back.

Deadwood is a series that I could not finish. I still haven't ever watched the final episode. I know exactly what's going to happen and I DO NOT want to see it. That's the mark of a fucking good show, imo.

Last edited:

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I gave Oz a rewatch recently and after season 2 I found it almost unbearable. The writing just becomes so hack. Of course everyone’s son/father also ends up in the exact prison block as them as well as a hundred assassinations on people on the outside. Also besides some of the main folks like Adebisi, Said, schillinger and Augustus the acting is terrible. Everyone of the Italians is so comically over the top that the whole thing becomes a fucking cartoon.

Edit: O’reilly is badass too

Sterling

El Presidente
I gave Oz a rewatch recently and after season 2 I found it almost unbearable. The writing just becomes so hack. Of course everyone’s son/father also ends up in the exact prison block as them as well as a hundred assassinations on people on the outside. Also besides some of the main folks like Adebisi, Said, schillinger and Augustus the acting is terrible. Everyone of the Italians is so comically over the top that the whole thing becomes a fucking cartoon.

Edit: O’reilly is badass too
Yeah, I couldn't ever really get into Oz when it was new and I tried giving it another go awhile back and I just couldn't do it. It has some things going for it, but the writing was bad enough that I couldn't plow through.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wonder if the Chinese cock-sucker is going to make an appearance in the movie. One can only hope.

This show really was a masterpiece.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if the Chinese cock-sucker is going to make an appearance in the movie. One can only hope.

This show really was a masterpiece.

iMDB seems to have Wu and almost everyone from the TV show on board. It must be an agenda nightmare when you look at the actors current projects.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
G2FbWYT.jpg

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Deadwood is my all time favorite show and apparently my favorite singer, Jason Isbell, has a part in this movie. Maybe nobody but me cares about this but I really think they might be making this just for me.

Also looks like there could be a third role for Garret Dillahunt?

jasonisbell-%E2%80%A2-Instagram-photos-and-videos-1.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users