Deadwood

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Deadwood is fantastic. Listen to the 20 people here that back up and claim and not the one person that didn't like it.

I love the show and I rewatch it probably more than any other series. There are a couple story lines in season 3 that are kind of filler, but they're minor.

I also think Hearst might be the greatest antagonist in TV history. As far as just the level of pure hatred you as the audience can feel for one character. When that actor popped up in House of Cards or just recently in Southland I wanted to punch the television out of pure vitriol. I need to rewatch Jericho to see if that character gets ruined for me too as a result.

I don't even mind the blue balls ending to the series now. It sucked when the show was airing and then learning it got canned, but on rewatches it feels kind of refreshing to me. Sort of similar to how The Sopranos ends but in a less pretentious way.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
... I wish Joanie Stubbs and Jane got 1/8 the screen time....
Jane's actor is out of this world, but I...sorta gotta agree with you on this one. The husband and I were rewatching Deadwood S2 last week, and he made a comment about ''HBO series' having a thing for uninteresting whore subplots." Looking back on it, I'm thinking it's more a scene-by-scene thing, but I honestly got to agree with him. The whole thing with the Chez Ami/Carrie/Wolcott thing? Very bleh. The best analogue I can come up with was that shitty scene in GoT where Littlefinger monologues while the two whores are fucking in the background. A lot of the time it feels...forced.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've never seen Milch fully explain it, but apparently he had bigger aspirations for the whole Chez Ami plot. Wolcott doing what he did causes the Chez Ami to shut down, and then the actors take it over, and the actors somehow swindle/plot against Hearst. You only get to see a small bit of their plan coming into reality at the end of S3, and I could never figure out where the hell that was supposed to go, but somewhere to Hearst's detriment I assume.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Joanie Stubbs would have been 100x more interesting if she flashed her tits at least once. A whore on an HBO show that doesn't show titty...

HBO should have an unwritten rule that prevents that from happening. Usually I'm the first to bitch about how HBO shows go way too far to show a ton of tits at the expense of the story but this character was a whore and tits are required to be shown!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Showtime, also. Only reason I keep watching Homeland is the off chance that Brodie's wife will be naked again.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I agree there is probably more boobs than needed, but it doesn't seem too bad yet. Only made it a few episodes in though.

At least they're willing to show guys running around with their cocks out as well, so it is just a general "let nekkid people be nekkid" rather than just "lets show more bewbies!"

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've seen way more cum on HBO shit than Cinemax/Showtime. Girls had a full on cum shot Sunday. No excuses that prude whore never flashed her cans.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Ban Alex for terrible opinions.

I love Deadwood, my favorite show ever. I've seen all 3 seasons in order 4+ times, and I re-watch them every year or two. The writing and dialog is so god damn great and the actors are outstanding. Justified is a great show in it's own right, but even if it wasn't I would watch it just for the nostalgia of the several Deadwood actors in it.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Jesus H Fucking Christ. Comparing an average show like Mad Men to.. to... Deadwood? Get the fuck out of this existence. Don Draper could not fucking hold Al's dick with both hands.

Alex, you're a fucking moron.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
average show like Mad Men
I can turn that moron comment right back to you for that.

If Deadwood focused on Al I would like it far more. But Deadwood doesn't really have a main character and a lot of the other people they focus on I never really cared for - Bullock, Jane, Joanie, everyone who hung out at the bar where Wild Bill was killed.

One of my biggest beefs with the show is how it ended. The last three episodes of the third season are tight and shit starts escalating quickly and then...nothing.