Dear White People

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
holy shit. It looked like a comedy to me. Some of you feeling white guilt lately for no reason?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Actually the start of the trailer is all this girls one sided bs opinions, but then actually there's a bit of a turn half way through where it looks like she gets it thrown right back at her. I think I'm cautiously optimistic that this movie is smarter than the cover it propped itself up with.

1:47 in

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What I didn't see anywhere in that trailer was a reason to watch the movie. Racist, not racist, funny, witty, poignant, whatever you might say it could contain...it didn't look even slightly interesting in the least. I typically want to see a movie to enjoy myself, whether it be shit blowing up, shit making me laugh, or just a damn good story, I want to enjoy what I'm watching (or at least see titties). What was there to enjoy here for the normal person (of any race)?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
and its not like black people will be lining up to watch that shit, who do you think watches spike lee movies? guilty white people. black people want to see fun movies where shit gets blown up and there is some crass humor with some ghetto slang thrown in. basically, Bad Boys. maybe 20 years ago you could still find a niche market of squishy weiners to go fund this thing, but in this day and age. nobody gives a fuck. you can barely still get people to go see classic summer films anymore. the box office is at an all time low this year.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would guess that has more to do with how much it cost to go to the movies these days. Sure the price is correct when adjusted for inflation but our incomes haven't gone up relative to inflation so the price is much higher then it should be.

/Factsoutofmyass

iannis

Musty Nester
They've strung out Transformers and Xmen just about as far as they'll go. That's all summer box office means.

I would expect a gradual shift. Probably to "80's style" action movies. They've already been testing the waters with robocop2 and terminator 15 and crap. You're gonna have Joe America beating on biker gangs.

It can't be minority drug gangs anymore. It'll either be white biker gangs or it will be terrorists. And even then it might take throttling netflix to save their summer blockbuster industry.

I'd watch "Son of Cobra, Kobra-Khan goes to Turdmekistan". Cobra doesn't get enough respect. That was one of Stallones best movies.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh? I'd rather watch Demolition Man. Maybe if they hadn't had to cut near an hour off of Cobra, it'd be better but, maybe not.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Looks funny. Something to fuel jokes with my black friends. I have more than two, so I'm ahead of the curve.

iannis

Musty Nester
Looks funny. Something to fuel jokes with my black friends. I have more than two, so I'm ahead of the curve.
Yeah, the math is deceptive though. Considering that they're only 3/5 a person you actually need to have 4 in order to meet the minimum requirements.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its the 21st century bro, medical weed if youre not lucky enough to live in Colorado or Washington. The day of the cool hip pot dealer who grows in his basement is a thing of the past.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Movie looks void of humor and intelligent discussion of racism. Racial version of the Notebook indeed.