Death Stranding

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I do hope this game is successful. I feel like if it had some generic medieval fantasy skin, i'd be jizzing my pants to go on hour long journeys to far away towns. Avoiding bandits and shit. Probably says more about me than Kojima but whatever, i'm a simple minded man. Still gotta respect him for being original, even if it's weird randomness for the sake of being weird and random.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I hate online shit most of the time, so I'm okay with that.

PS4 Pro, and PSVR for like 800$? Sure I'll snag it. Video card for 1000$? I'll take two please! BUT I CAN'T GET MYSELF TO PAY FOR CONSOLE ONLINE SERVICES. It's a weird mental block, just not going to happen. I can't explain it lol... just feels wrong.

• 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Like I said. Hideo Kajima is Japan's version of Tim Burton.

If you can scream "Look at what I made!!" loud enough, enough people are gonna come and look. Meh.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
PS4 Pro, and PSVR for like 800$? Sure I'll snag it. Video card for 1000$? I'll take two please! BUT I CAN'T GET MYSELF TO PAY FOR CONSOLE ONLINE SERVICES. It's a weird mental block, just not going to happen. I can't explain it lol... just feels wrong.

Uh I have PSplus and Nintendo switch online.

I mean I usually don't play online components of games that are primarily single player.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one knows, people who started walking haven't gotten back yet to say.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
This game is some epic tier trolling. This November we will all learn to walk again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

Yeah it's faggy clickbait. The only reference to Trump was: "President Trump right now is building a wall,"

I'm curious if the article was edited though, that comma in quote above, is straight C&P from article.

• 1Smuggly

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have to go to a conference this week but I am looking forward binging this all weekend.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boring and repetitive can be good to me in some ways. IE someone brought up Assassin's Creed. Yes I like just mindless combat and running around and killing stuff and so the open world concept that many pan just plays right into my desires. Turn brain off, pick a direction, and just kill shit. This game is a game that tries to offer non combat experiences in clever ways. Like, I've read that you have to make Sam walk with both sticks and do something to keep his balance (Dude is basically a two legged pack mule). I'll give props that it is very experimental, but that doesn't change the fact that I think that sounds boring and tedious as hell. Had it been combat focused, I would have been more apt to play, but then it would not have stood out as different at that point either. I just hope the story does deliver to those who like that part of Kojima.

joz123

Potato del Grande
They should use the game as a training module for delivery jobs.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Any read on this by non professional reviewers (aka y'all)? It is tempting, but I have also never been a MGS fan so I have no concept if a Kojima game is 'for me'. Plus Jedi Fallen Order is out next week and as the one remaining Star Wars nerd I am obligated to play that ASAP.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm buying it at gamestop which will let me trade it back in for msrp trade credit until sunday, so i'll let you know. i expect it to be too up its ass for me to like it, I did like most of MGS 5 (only one I've really played) although didn't follow the story at all

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should be a good game in terms of quirky game mechanics and a gnarly story, but it seems like it would be one of those games you buy then never really play.

Hopefully it isnt, and is well received. I have been interested in this game for a while.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
i'm buying it at gamestop which will let me trade it back in for msrp trade credit until sunday, so i'll let you know. i expect it to be too up its ass for me to like it, I did like most of MGS 5 (only one I've really played) although didn't follow the story at all

I loved MGS:5 for the simple fact I could alter the music being played in that chopper. God that was hilarious.

Flying a support chopper into sticksville to blow up a base while "In the ghetto" from Elvis is blasting on the helicopter speakers... Laughing just thinking about it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I may do what Spronk is doing. But I have GC still enabled at Best Buy with $20 in game certs so I could get the game for 24.99.

I keep hemming and hawing on this one. The game itself looks incredible from a graphical point of view. I am sure the story will make zero sense as time goes on, but the multiplayer aspects look awesome as well. Only hitch will be game play and doing the same thing over and over again.