Death Stranding

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Playing RDR2 on PC has shown me they way .... not getting into this until it hits PC

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Monster energy drinks because there are monsters in the game? :) about all I can think of. Remember, we are talking about a guy that put Conan O Brien in the game for no other reason than he thought it was funny and good publicity.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This game looks a Final Fantasy mini-game gone mad, I have been watching a stream for an hour and honestly it just looks like a deliberate dive into an ocean of tedium. Everything looks tedious, the "gameplay", the UI, the character interactions, it all just looks tedious as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game looks a Final Fantasy mini-game gone mad, I have been watching a stream for an hour and honestly it just looks like a deliberate dive into an ocean of tedium. Everything looks tedious, the "gameplay", the UI, the character interactions, it all just looks tedious as fuck.

Japanese culture is designed around wasting your time.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game requires patience. Its funny watching streamers who are used to a "faster" paced story/game going through Death Stranding.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
30 minutes in.
My full review:
87A0082C-F808-4AEA-8259-FF554B47D837.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I've seen from various Twitch streams, I'm going to wait till it goes on sale for $30 in February or so.

Edit: nvm, I forgot it's going to be on PC, so I won't get it till it's on sale on PC.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played for about 2.5 hours and I like what I saw so far. Only did 2 deliveries, and tons of cutscenes.

The story setup is great, I’m totally hooked, but then I was hooked 3 years ago when the trailer was first released. So for that I’m biased. The acting, voice work and writing is top notch so far, lots of exposition and a lot to take in.

Visually the game is amazing on the pro on 55” Oled HDR. The best looking game so far this generation.

The music is great, some great tracks that really fit the mood of the game. I’m going to have to check some of these bands I think.

As for the gameplay itself, it’s hard to comment so far since I only did 2 deliveries, but the walking around, finfing the right path, keeping balance and stuff is pretty good. It’s not mindless walking but it doesn’t seem to be too much work either if you find an easy path, it’s not like you’re constantly balancing yourself...not so far anyways.

Ome sequence where I had to avoid the BT, the ghost things was tense as hell. Really stressful, you can only see them when you’re not moving, as soon as you move they disappear, so you kind have to memorize where they are and stop once in a while to check again, you crouch and move slowly, hold your breath not to make too much noise
it was a cool sequence.

I can’t wait to play more tomorrow, going to be a long day at work.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Picked it up at RedBox to see if I will like it given how polarizing it is. Kudos to Utnayan Utnayan for suggesting such a thing in the Jedi Fallen Order thread.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played for about 2.5 hours and I like what I saw so far. Only did 2 deliveries, and tons of cutscenes.

The story setup is great, I’m totally hooked, but then I was hooked 3 years ago when the trailer was first released. So for that I’m biased. The acting, voice work and writing is top notch so far, lots of exposition and a lot to take in.

Visually the game is amazing on the pro on 55” Oled HDR. The best looking game so far this generation.

The music is great, some great tracks that really fit the mood of the game. I’m going to have to check some of these bands I think.

As for the gameplay itself, it’s hard to comment so far since I only did 2 deliveries, but the walking around, finfing the right path, keeping balance and stuff is pretty good. It’s not mindless walking but it doesn’t seem to be too much work either if you find an easy path, it’s not like you’re constantly balancing yourself...not so far anyways.

Ome sequence where I had to avoid the BT, the ghost things was tense as hell. Really stressful, you can only see them when you’re not moving, as soon as you move they disappear, so you kind have to memorize where they are and stop once in a while to check again, you crouch and move slowly, hold your breath not to make too much noise
it was a cool sequence.

I can’t wait to play more tomorrow, going to be a long day at work.
Look at the detector thing on your shoulder, it will be "looking" in the direction of BT's and start to freak out if you get close. If its looking right, you go left.

spronk

FPS noob
i literally fell asleep watching someone play this on stream last night, and had a nice refreshed sleep. this is my new go to ASMR for going to bed, watching some dude or chick play FedEx delivery driver game

it does look gorgeous. i just can't believe the world at all though, how does power or water in this world even work? where does food come from? i assume the game kinda answers that stuff but everything looked too "no problems, lets all chill out in our bunkers" rather than Mad Max / The Road levels of "welp, this world is SUPER fucked up now" One thing I really hate about post apocalyptic movies/shows is how power and sewage and water and food work just fine, that stuff takes a LOT of effort from massive teams.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not gonna' like. I'd love that little light-up fetus on my desk, from the Collector's Edition.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Okay a couple hours in and this thing is trippy as fuck. I don't even feel like its a game yet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah been playing three hours. Slow start but trippy. HDR though. Amazing. Nice work on the lighting.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Been playing this morning and there is definitely a significant amount of what-the-fuckery going on.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I am in the dark on this, so I read the Wikipedia section detailing the backstory. It’s just a bunch of made up words and acronyms. Fucking word jumble. Still no idea what this is.

No thank Kojima, he’s jumped the shark

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Played for a few hours today, it's interesting but man does it open up once you get past the tutorial stages..