Death Stranding

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Yea, use L2/R2 to steady yourself. I'm 72+ hours in and on episode 6. I still enjoy it. I find building out the infrastructure to speed up the deliveries oddly satisfying. As you make deliveries to different locations/hideouts they give you access to upgraded items that help with your adventures.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I know I'm like years late on this one, but just finished it. It's one of the best, and also one of the worst games I've ever played.

The cutscene thing is just...not really forgivable. In the first 2 hours I think I actually "played" the game maybe 30 minutes. In the last 3 hours of the game I probably played about 10-15 minutes. I absolutely loathed the credits sequence on the beach with forced interaction to make you pay attention, and then massive exposition dumps in between. It was kind of made up for with the stuff that came afterwards, but it still just dragged on forever. The BB theme run did make up for it a bit.

Someone needs to help Kojima figure out how to weave that shit into actual gameplay instead of making you watch a feature length movie at the end of playing his game.

As far as actual gameplay goes, I really enjoyed the tedium. Things like delivering packages, building the road network, 5-starring preppers, and making a sweet zipline network were all super chill and fun. What I didn't enjoy was basically any of the combat, especially boss fights. The controls just felt super janky anytime I was interacting with BT's in any way. It was FPS inserted into a game that didn't really feel good doing it, and so I really dreaded progressing the story and having to deal with it. Oddly, the flashback ones felt okay (probably because I used an AR mostly, and outside of crazy recoil, I'm good at FPS aiming). Which makes me think it's really the janky ass movement around tar and fucked up buildings where I'm struggling to jump on top of shit and whatnot that made me hate the combat.

It does feel a little like I need to go back and play through it again to really "get" the story, since when you get a 3 hour exposition dump you kind of forget what the hell is going on. But there's not a chance in hell I slog through this again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I finished the game at 122 hours played the other day. I enjoyed the story and would put it in my top 10 games. It was such an odd game that I couldn't put it down. It wasn't like anything I'd played before. The part that bums me out was that I wanted to finish connecting all the roads and finish five starring some of the preppers, but the game became very linear at the end. Yes, I know once everything is over, it sends your back in time by two weeks so that you can complete everything, but now that I finished the game, I see no point. It was fun, and I enjoyed it more than I ever thought.

Now off to the next game, which I dug deep into my backlog and started playing Shadow of War.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I finished the game at 122 hours played the other day. I enjoyed the story and would put it in my top 10 games. It was such an odd game that I couldn't put it down. It wasn't like anything I'd played before. The part that bums me out was that I wanted to finish connecting all the roads and finish five starring some of the preppers, but the game became very linear at the end. Yes, I know once everything is over, it sends your back in time by two weeks so that you can complete everything, but now that I finished the game, I see no point. It was fun, and I enjoyed it more than I ever thought.

Now off to the next game, which I dug deep into my backlog and started playing Shadow of War.
We never finished dying light 2 you hooker.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

That's exactly how I felt, too. Prior to the end game story marathon, I was all about 100%ing the game. As soon as I finished I had literally no desire to play anymore.

Kind of a bummer.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's exactly how I felt, too. Prior to the end game story marathon, I was all about 100%ing the game. As soon as I finished I had literally no desire to play anymore.

Kind of a bummer.

What's the "point of no return" where the game becomes super linear and sucks you into this black hole of story marathon? With all this advance warning I'll be sure to do as much stuff as I can before that.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
What's the "point of no return" where the game becomes super linear and sucks you into this black hole of story marathon? With all this advance warning I'll be sure to do as much stuff as I can before that.
The end of Episode 8 is where it begins to get linear. It's going to ask that you connect a Chiral Relay. Once that's completed, I wouldn't push further unless you are ready.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm fucking hyped, 2025 can't come fast enough.

I know I’m in the minority but I love the first one, did 3 complete play through. Never done that for a single player game.

It’s one of my favorite game of all time there’s something about it that just hit the right buttons for me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked the gameplay of the first. The story was also compelling.

My only real complaint was that towards the end it was just too much cutscene.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Will this one have actual gameplay?
James Franco GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I liked the gameplay of the first. The story was also compelling.

My only real complaint was that towards the end it was just too much cutscene.
This game is like "There's this really interesting world and you deliver packages in it."

I don't want to deliver packages in this world. I wanna be a psionic commando.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm fucking hyped, 2025 can't come fast enough.

I know I’m in the minority but I love the first one, did 3 complete play through. Never done that for a single player game.

It’s one of my favorite game of all time there’s something about it that just hit the right buttons for me.

I'm very hyped for this game. It can't come out soon enough. The first one was so fun and unique.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This game is like "There's this really interesting world and you deliver packages in it."

I don't want to deliver packages in this world. I wanna be a psionic commando.

This seems like the perfect take, so I have to be missing something.

Help me, Bros

• 1Worf

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
That was pretty cool, the Higgs part was the best part, kinda reminded me of Metal Gear Revengeance for moment.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
What the actual fuck, that dude has to have done some serious drugs in his life to come up with this insane shit. That gaptooth chick isn't the same umbrella chick from the first one that Janx Janx uses for his avatar is it?

Loved the first one, will play this one.

• 1Like