Defiance Season 2

Cybsled

Btw, they made a webisode series that takes place between S1 and S2, but it involves heavy flashbacks. It isn't bad...you can watch them OnDemand as well.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought this got cancelled. I gave up about 4-5 episodes into season 1.

faille

Molten Core Raider
This actually got pretty decent towards the end.
Glad to see it got another season.

This actually got pretty decent towards the end.
Glad to see it got another season.
This the last 2-3 episodes it started heading places more aliens this year , armies fighting each other and cross faction faction, bigger budget in everyway possible this is going to be better this year.

Cybsled

Jesus, this got renewed? Wtf ..
It was purchased as a 2 season guaranteed deal.

But like other posters stated, the show started to show some promise in the last few episodes. I think the main episode that sticks out as the "turn around" episode is the one where those Irathi people take the sheriff and that human government guy hostage and what happened at the end.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I watched the whole of the first season when it first ran. It in no way improved at all imo. It being a 2 season guaranteed deal answers my confusion though.

sukik

I finished the season and it did get a little better in the sense that they had one watchable storyline the whole season.

So I did a little lazy internet research to see if I could find out why this ended up so badly. The show was created by Rockne S. O'Bannon(Farscape), Kevin Murphy(Desparate Housewives/Caprica) and Michael Taylor(Star Trek). According to the writing credits the three collaborated on the pilot then each of the other episodes was written by Murphy, Taylor or a host of other writers and then directed by a host of directors with Murphy writing the season one finale. The show seems like it has no direction and that makes sense now, they created the world, the pilot and then went straight into bad episodic TV with a dozen individual writers creating their own individual episodes that are disasters.

What's worse is the music. The title track is fine, created by "Bear" Mcreary, the same dude who did all the Battle Star Galactica music but after that it stops being decent. Lots of acoustic versions of pop songs over scenes that are supposed to bring on the "feels". Bad characters and stories were amplified by these acoustic renditions to create several painful closing sequences.

I guess my question would have to be this: Is the show good to people who enjoy "Desperate Housewives"? The show is shit Science Fiction, but does it succeed for people who enjoy love triangles, teen angst and lots of over the top/forced drama?

My hopes for season 2 is that some freaky alien blows up everyone. The whole planet needs to go boom, they'll be better off.

Cybsled

Good start to S2, primarily because we got to see some different post-apocalyptic cities
wink.png
Irisa is going nutso, though. Nice fakeout with the throat slash at the end lol

khorum

Murder Apologist
Datak's dutch rudder with the doctor bought enough interest for another episode.

sukik

It's hard for me to watch the whitey race with out busting out laughing. The actors playing the roles and the presentation are just silly. At least they aren't trying to be serious this time with kingpin whitey in jail trying to get everyone to give him a hand-job.

spronk

FPS noob
haven't been a huge fan of the show so far but I gotta say this latest episode was fucking awesome, looks like they may be finally setting up some really good scifi storylines. Or maybe it'll all go to shit the next episode, who knows.

The datak family is so fucking awesome and twisted

and what the fuck is going on with that snake thing

Vaclav

haven't been a huge fan of the show so far but I gotta say this latest episode was fucking awesome, looks like they may be finally setting up some really good scifi storylines. Or maybe it'll all go to shit the next episode, who knows.

The datak family is so fucking awesome and twisted

and what the fuck is going on with that snake thing
Snake thing - got a feeling it's a ouroboros type thing, where it represents the full circle - destruction and rebirth both. Only way I can make a reasonable explanation of what was happening.