Defiance Season 2

Cybsled

The "fake" Irisa said she is protecting the people who get killed. Seems like some sort of nanite tech. Her flashback to the distant past also kind of questions as to what Irisa really is...some sort of clone?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Things seem to be progressing as I expected with the ancient ship plotline. What I thought was particularly interesting was the appearance of the ancient irathients / ancient arisa. They looked more human or at least a castithan / irathient hybrid.

Ganthorn

N00b
The "fake" Irisa said she is protecting the people who get killed. Seems like some sort of nanite tech. Her flashback to the distant past also kind of questions as to what Irisa really is...some sort of clone?
Could be a descendant or something. Maybe the people she "killed" were actually sick and dieing or something.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well the ones she "killed" are also now going around and using the internal gold/silver wire stuff to infect others, so there seems to be a much larger plan at work here with respect to the terraforming the original mission was there for.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well the show definitely cranks up the grittiness which brings it closer to BSG's pervasive depression... question is why the fuck didn't they roll with that throughout the whole first season in the first place. It's obvious noir worked for BSG, so why'd they try a pg-13 vibe for the first two acts of season one at all.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
From what I can tell the people who originally pitched the concept were tossed aside for most of season one, but with serious fantasy and sci-fi elements doing well for other networks Comcast cleaned house and took the blinders off the studios working on their material. This really does not seem like the same show as last year.

Cybsled

Ya, it's almost a complete 180. It's what we all expected the show to be from the start: Sci-fi Deadwood

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Laughed my ass off at datak and his handies.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Was I the only one who got a kick out of the negro throwing around epithets like haint? I feel like that was a statement of some sort. Also, I was disappointed one of the haints in the crowd didn't bow up and say "That's our word, you can't say that"

spronk

FPS noob
yes season 2 so far has been much better than s1, i'd be surprised though if its renewed

Cybsled

S2 is a lot better than S1. The game bombing might impact its renewal chances, though.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If everyone went out and bought a Dodge Charger saying "Datak sent me" that might turn things around.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I'm worried it won't get another season since this one is actually fairly interesting. But really they have noone to blame but themselves. Hopefully they'll shrug it off to freshman season blues (even Babylon 5 had an difficult first season).

Ganthorn

N00b
Yeah I'm worried it won't get another season since this one is actually fairly interesting. But really they have noone to blame but themselves. Hopefully they'll shrug it off to freshman season blues (even Babylon 5 had an difficult first season).
I'm hoping they will give it a chance. It seems like they don't give shows with bumpy starts a chance these days. A lot of stuff that turned out well had bumpy first seasons like Babylon 5, TNG etc.