Defiance Season 2

Cybsled

RIP Churchill ;o One thing I do like about the show is they really make most of the characters pretty grey. The E-Rep mayor is an asshole, but you do feel sympathy for him (raped by aliens as a kid, "raises" an abandoned bioman as family, etc).

I didn't get the "fake alien" mixer thing, though. Their version of LARP? lol

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, wearing whiteface made me laugh. I'm guessing everyone in the club musta been human though, cause surely a casti could spot a real casti.

Do you think churchill is really dead? There's always a possibility he's already been snaked by irisa.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Irisa would not snake Churchill I don't think since he's a Bioman and not one of the Votan races

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I didn't notice that. What was that first girl we saw her snake? Was she an irat? I thought she was a human with a mohawk.

But, how is the bioman not one of the votan races? Humans didn't invent them.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Biomen are indeed invented by humans. Nolan even comments how they are just a mishmash of stem cells and steroids or something to that effect. They were developed by the Earth military as a way to make super soldiers for the Pale Wars as an act of desperation when they were losing.

The Mohawk chick that Irisa snaked was indeed an irathient.

Cybsled

Ya, the lore in the game/show talks about how the Government knew the aliens were coming over a decade before they actually arrived. The Bioman project was something that was accelerated when they learned that, along with other projects.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup they were bred by humans as disposable shock troopers/bullet catchers.

Cybsled

After watching this episode, I'm pretty sure that homewrecker blonde is going to get her ass tossed off the top of the Arch by season's end once Alak and Christie find out what she has been doing ;P

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have some hope with this Arkrise business of them doing more to build this world and have interesting things happen on a larger scale. That is where the show seems to have most of its promise, rather than the wild-west post apocalypse "problem of the week" business.

spronk

FPS noob
loving this season so far, the sentient-AI-with-nanobots plot is pretty goddamn awesome and yeah, Stahma and Stahma Jr are fantastic. Show really, really did a huge turnaround in season 2 which pretty much means its gonna get cancelled
frown.png

also is Mrs. Rafe fucking SARAH CONNER? I'm pretty sure

velk

Trakanon Raider
loving this season so far, the sentient-AI-with-nanobots plot is pretty goddamn awesome and yeah, Stahma and Stahma Jr are fantastic. Show really, really did a huge turnaround in season 2 which pretty much means its gonna get cancelled
frown.png
Well, they are burning off the rest of the season with double episodes, and they've announced like 4 new shows they are making, so cancellation looks like a lock to me.

also is Mrs. Rafe fucking SARAH CONNER? I'm pretty sure
Yep.

Cybsled

Ya, I don't have high hopes for a renewal considering the game is a flop. That said, I would love to see another season considering how much better S2 was.

Cybsled

Good season (hopefully not series finale). Not sure what Sarah Connor's gameplan is, especially since both the E-Republic and Votanis Collective capitals both got nuked from orbit. I also like the British mayor dude...definitely an "ends justify the means" type of guy, even if he got into Amanda's pants with the well played plans, although he does strike me and legitimately caring for her.

Seems like they could easily do a time jump again considering how Nolan and Irisa were last seen.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Still watching the finale, but just had to stop in to comment that Doc Ywll and her hallucination girlfriend are amazing.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
NYC looked very nice and gave the impression of being the one place on the planet where society and architecture and such still existed. With the eRep and Votanis Collective blown to hell it will be interesting to see what happens to the rest of the world, especially now that a good chunk of it has been terraformed into Votan paradise.

Some indication as to exactly how the Kaziiri made it to earth a few hundred years BC would be nice. Additionally what happened to her crew? Did they indeed interbreed with humans? It is worth noting that the Irathients on the Kaziiri don't seem like the tribal savages we otherwise see on the show. I wish they would spend more time on this stuff and less on the more mundane plotlines.

velk

Trakanon Raider
End of show budget blowout effects?
Still, I found that pretty satisfying as a series finale.

The kaziri being a bc thing really does not make any sense with the travel time though. Its tech is still able to control the new
terraformers when it is millenia out of date?

Even if deliberate for extreme level backwards compatability, it's like tying the launch systems for a nuclear sub to a bongo drum communications system. Noone involved could possibly think it was a good idea.