Depression

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I thought this was pretty great

j8g1IsD.jpg

Troll_sl

shitlord
My therapist and I have actually been taking a different tack. We've been addressing my ADD instead of my depression. It may be my difficulty in concentrating that's been my worst enemy.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So I'm back on adderall. Something I probably shouldn't have stopped taking ~16 years ago.

Which also happens to be the time in my life depression symptoms started showing up.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Okay, so wow. That was one bad day of adjustment, 9 days ago. We upped my dose and... holy shit. It's like a stiff breeze up the kilt. I'mclear-headedfor the first time in, like, forever.

Went and saw my therapist today and she told me about the long talk she had with my psychiatrist. And that they'd both come to the same conclusion: my main problem isn't depression or social anxiety. Nope. This whole time it's been the ADD that I lapsed in treating 15 years ago. Those things are still

Which is the same time my depression symptoms started showing up. I'M SO SMART.

Depression and anxiety are still issues, but secondary. The ADD has been in the driver's seat.

This isn't the chemical high of Effexor. It's not the mild mood-stabilizing of Wellbutrin. It's not the do-nothing or make-it-worse of the other medications I've tried (seriously, fuck you Prozac). I'm up. It feelsnormal.I have energy to do things. I can focus. I'm able to roll with the punches and pick myself up.

So, in short... oh fuck, I'm high on meth.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Okay, so wow. That was one bad day of adjustment, 9 days ago. We upped my dose and... holy shit. It's like a stiff breeze up the kilt. I'mclear-headedfor the first time in, like, forever.

Went and saw my therapist today and she told me about the long talk she had with my psychiatrist. And that they'd both come to the same conclusion: my main problem isn't depression or social anxiety. Nope. This whole time it's been the ADD that I lapsed in treating 15 years ago. Those things are still

Depression and anxiety are still issues, but secondary. The ADD has been in the driver's seat.

This isn't the chemical high of Effexor. It's not the mild mood-stabilizing of Wellbutrin. It's not the do-nothing or make-it-worse of the other medications I've tried (seriously, fuck you Prozac). I'm up. It feelsnormal.I have energy to do things. I can focus. I'm able to roll with the punches and pick myself up.

Good shit bro, keep those positive vibes going and let this feeling snowball into some stability and progress !

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Troll_sl

shitlord
I feel normal again after forever of not even remembering what normal was. This... it's like getting on an old bike you haven't rode in years. It feels familiar. It's slow and needs a little work, but it's the right bike.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who would have thought leaving a severe neurological disorder untreated could cause complications when trying to manage other disorders.

I am glad you're feeling better though.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel normal again after forever of not even remembering what normal was. This... it's like getting on an old bike you haven't rode in years. It feels familiar. It's slow and needs a little work, but it's the right bike.
I'm not a psychiatrist (obviously), but my personal experience with the three issues you're discussing is that the three all feed each other. So I'd be careful about the other two manifesting as time goes on, but definitely sounds like the worst aspect was the ADD for you with how you're doing.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Who would have thought leaving a severe neurological disorder untreated could cause complications when trying to manage other disorders.

I am glad you're feeling better though.
I am capable of the most amazing feats of blind stupidity.

I'm not a psychiatrist (obviously), but my personal experience with the three issues you're discussing is that the three all feed each other. So I'd be careful about the other two manifesting as time goes on, but definitely sounds like the worst aspect was the ADD for you with how you're doing.
I know the dangers of not keeping my ADD in check, now. Fortunately one thing I've always had going for me is awareness (to a point, anyways). Even in my darkest days I understood what was going on in my head, even if I couldn't break myself out of it.

Troll_sl

shitlord
It's amazing how having actual friends can boost the mood. It's like a piece of my life has suddenly been put back into place. Because it has.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I am capable of the most amazing feats of blind stupidity.

I know the dangers of not keeping my ADD in check, now. Fortunately one thing I've always had going for me is awareness (to a point, anyways). Even in my darkest days I understood what was going on in my head, even if I couldn't break myself out of it.
My wife insisted I talk to a doctor about whether ADD medication would be a good idea for me. I wouldn't say I feel depressed, but objectively analyzing my go-to behaviors does suggest otherwise. Glad to hear that you've had success with adderall. It gives me hope that maybe I'll have some success as well, assuming that's what the psych thinks is appropriate.