Designated Survivor

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I agree though with Keifer nailing this role.

Sure, but i see horrible "family issues" start to creep up, in fact, lets just say everybody except 24 guy really, really, sux. MaggieQ looks good enough, but her General Tsao got no spice.

Also, if you've watched Mr. Robot, you can't ever, ever, EVER go back to watching fake TV, hacking shit, like finding redtube for the first time, then going back to playboy.

Everything is just so Troupey, in a bad way.

I'll be checking it out for a bit, pressing FF, but i'm not going to sit through an entire eps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This TV show wouldn't have been bad if it was all about "The West Wing : Jack Bauer". Alas, awful writing (muh wisconsin), stand-in generic acting (muh republican general) and bad production (muh heroic presidency) bring the show to the abyss of television.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Yeah...

Designated Survivor. Started out great. Literally second episode was dedicated entirely to Muslim pandering and racist cops. Second episode has more Muslim pandering and even illegal immigrant sob stories.

Stopped watching. Thanks SJW!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just binge watched all episodes in the Season so far last night and I'm really digging it. The first couple episodes really hit out the park I think with Keifer's role, and him being all bad ass. That has tailed off quite a bit, and so I'm not as excited about it, but will still continue to watch.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Did the producers just now read Debt of Honor/Executive Orders and go, "hey I bet we can make kind of a shitty TV show out of that" ???

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Well I forced myself to watch the whole season. I really wanted to like it but it's too preposterous. Every character is a moron, nobody trusts anybody and it's like the "good guys" are intentionally making it easier for the "bad guys" by not communicating with each-other at all. It's got classic x-files style mystery - every time you think you learned something, nope, just more questions. The cliffhanger finale was tailor made to piss everyone off. Don't watch.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really enjoyed it. I didn't find the fact that no one in DC trusts anyone else to be far fetched at all *shrug*

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Last couple episodes have been more West Wing-like and enjoyable IMO, but this epi-
2017-Ford-Fusion-ad.jpg

Whoa, where did that come from, what was I saying?

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was pretty obnoxious when she pulled out her pho-

With a SYNC® Connect-equipped vehicle, you can use FordPass™ to track your vehicle’s location and
remotely access vehicle features such as start, lock and unlock and vehicle status including fuel level
and approximate mileage. You can also schedule specific times to remotely start your vehicle so it’s
ready to hit the road as soon as you are.

Shit, it's contagious.

Sidenote - Is it just me or does Kal Penn sound like Castle? I'm half watching eps while doing other shit and keep getting caught out thinking it's a Nathan Fillion guest spot.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad to hear this show turned to shit. It ate up my good rest last night after episode 1 turned into a binge for me. There is much good to be had but enough bad to cause for worry. And a thing I hate hate hate in movies/shows/etc is secrecy for the sake of keeping the dramaplot going. Like FBI folk should have spilled beans first chance they had. Lady FBI should have spoke up to Almeida when he brought her him about Bill Harken confessing. I yelled at TV when that happened.
It's filled with bad creative practices that I feared would take over and the more I watched, the more ready I was to abandon ship.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
11112-5R125JAIh1N38pzHp2dRsBpOVNY.jpg

Title: Designated Survivor

Genre: Drama, War & Politics

Creator: David Guggenheim

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, Maggie Q, Kal Penn, Adan Canto, Italia Ricci

First aired: 2016-09-21

Overview: Tom Kirkman, a low-level cabinet member is suddenly appointed President of the United States after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I expected this thread to be larger based on how long this show has been on (3 seasons?).

Glad most people didn't like it, cause I thought maybe it was just me.

Seems like the show just wanted to be a generic network TV Washington DC centered drama, but with a neat episode 1 premise. But once you get past the first episode, it's just a bullshit political drama.

The entire FBI plotline is garbo. Everything else is almost passable but just not intriguing enough. Because once you get past the shock of the first episode there's nothing left. It's almost like LOST with a super cool pilot and then meanders a bunch (but LOST was fun because of all the mysteries; which in retrospect were also bullshit).

Only made it through 4 episodes but I think I'm calling it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd probably have stuck with it if it was just a political drama, all the super fbi stuff killed it for me.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The show would have been better as a mini-series rather than a full series with new seasons. There has to be something beyond the first incident to maintain a show like this long term and it just really was never there.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
For some reason I decided to give this a shot, and wow, how fucking terrible. Their actions make zero sense whatsoever, and lol at Kumar rewriting the Harold and Kumar 2 plane scene for the streets of DC. Fucking garbage