Desktop Computers

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone using a KVM with their PC? Thinking about moving my PS4 to my PC and want to use my main monitor and the kb/mouse , for XIM, on both.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So everything is on it's way now.
Ended up going:

. . .
1 x ($111.99) Crucial MX100 CT256MX100SSD1 2.5" 256GB SATA III M $111.99
. . .
I just ordered the 512GB version of that SSD yesterday for $210. I've been watching SSD prices creep their way down for a little while, and getting that much capacity for that close to $200 finally did it for me.

Oldbased

> Than U
Originally I had that one in the cart, but I was already blowing my budget I had set by $125 as it was. With the creep and the issues with the m2 interface I decided to get the 256 for now and next year I can buy a 512+ and redo it.
Only reason I blew the budget at all was I decided to just build a complete pc instead of salvaging some things from old. That way I have a functioning backup I can keep in the closet or whatever a year or two in case something bad happens.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are the issues with the M.2 interface? I've been running windows off a 128GB 42mm M.2 SSD for like 10 months now. Is my shit gonna catch on fire soon?

Oldbased

> Than U
The way I understood it is some are SATA and some PCIe of the boards that use it.I found both for sale but not in the specs I wanted.
People have complained about having to go into Registry and changing/adding lines to get it to function right due to this and until it becomes more mainstream and universal decided to stay away from the newest drives.
Meanwhile all the older tech continues to dive down. I figured next year I'll do another SSD and video card.

Should add the issue was specific to the Z97X board I was planning to use. Since it is in Rev 1 may be fixed via driver down the line if not hardware revision.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My next case is going to be a cardboard box. Fuck all these fancy ass looking cases. Just hold my parts and I'm happy. lol

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Could anyone recommend a full sized case with filters that are not to hard to get to? Four cats plus people in my home... Have to disconnect, open and blow out current case more than I like.

Thanks

Mire_sl

shitlord
I did another stupid thing...don't mind me while I jerk off on the box.

6p4G8Phl.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
At first I was like, it's a 27" monitor, no big. Then I looked up the price of that thing. $899? What the fuck?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So what do you guys do with old computers/parts? About to have a extra case and psu in a few days and by the start of the year an entire computer. As is now its 5 years old(i7 920 build) so dont really think theres a demand for it such old parts.

Oldbased

> Than U
I usually build a complete new PC when I do every 3-5 years and keep the old one around a year or two as backup then give away.
Newegg gave me the D on my order. All that stuff I ordered I got Monday, except the PSU. It was shipped smartpost fed ex while rest was UPS. Sure I did normal shipping but it was kinda dickish to have everything arrive next business day then have 1 vital part of it not even ship for 4 days sitting at fed ex and probably be another year before it arrives. It finally left the warehouse tonight when I ordered it Friday and being smartpost not expecting it before Halloween.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So what do you guys do with old computers/parts? About to have a extra case and psu in a few days and by the start of the year an entire computer. As is now its 5 years old(i7 920 build) so dont really think theres a demand for it such old parts.
I had an old Q9550 c/w motherboard and RAM. I just put it up on the Canadian equivalent of Craig's list for free (Kijiji), along with an old projector with burn-in issues. Shit was picked up from my office in a couple hours. Maybe I could have gotten a couple hundred bucks for it all, but really not worth it to bother. Kijiji is the online equivalent of the street corner in How I Met Your Mother, in terms of getting rid of free shit. It doesn't matter what useless shit you're getting rid of, you'll get 20 emails within five minutes of posting it, and someone will be there in half an hour to pick the shit up. The only downside is the assholes who are like "oh hey, can you drop it off? No? WHY WON'T YOU COME DROP OFF MY FREE SHIT AT MY CONVENIENCE?!?"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Could anyone recommend a full sized case with filters that are not to hard to get to? Four cats plus people in my home... Have to disconnect, open and blow out current case more than I like.

Thanks
Corsair 600T probably has the easiest filters to clean.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
At first I was like, it's a 27" monitor, no big. Then I looked up the price of that thing. $899? What the fuck?
This crazy beast of a monitor has it all but it's really all about the G-Sync and the 144Hz. The build of the monitor is extremely high class and the bezel is impressively thin (6 mm). Saw it in action last night and it's VERY impressive. Can't wait for 4k 144Hz G-Sync monitors.

rrr_img_76745.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, not gonna lie, once I looked it up and saw the specs I was pretty damn tempted to pick one up for myself to replace my Dell 24" Ultrasharp, which is getting on 6-7 years old.