Desktop Computers

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Agh, I'm so tempted b/c I'll end up buying both those games anyways. Looking at quick reviews online the 980 seems to compare more or less equally to my current 670 SLI. If I could get some return on these two 670s I'd probably do it since I'm already at 1440p exclusively and then picking up a 2nd 980 in the future would be viable. Bbbllllleeeeehhhhh decisions.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I bought my 970 two weeks ago, those fuckers. Hopefully NCIX will be able to toss me a Batman key in addition to my Witcher 3 key.
They ended up giving me another code. I love those guys.
smile.png

Thanks for posting the updated deal here.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Da fuck? I paid more for 16gb 6 months ago.
Just dumb luck on the timing, really

DRAM Supply Shortage Will Last Until 2014, The End Of Cheap RAM? - eTeknix

According to Inotera Memories we will see a DRAM shortage that will last the full duration of 2013...So the message is, get your RAM soon as prices are constantly rising. If you can wait, then you'll need to wait until mid 2014 for prices to drop back down again. Though it is unlikely prices will ever reach as low as they did in 2012 because that wasn't economically sustainable for any DRAM company.
Huge oversupply of Ram back in 2011/2012 that almost tanked several large manufacturers, prices dropped so low. Prices tripled the next year in 2013 as everyone bought up the cheap RAM and few people were making more, supply got real thin. Prices went down a bit in 2014 but they are still nowhere near where they were in 2011/2012, we're still almost double 2012 pricing, 3 years later.+

Sucks, I've never seen a computer part change price so drastically as to actually get MORE expensive several years later. I've never seen any CPU/GPU/motherboard/HD do anything like it, price-wise. The only thing close was the brief hard-drive shortage back in...2011-ish? Prices went sky high for a couple years(Tiawanese flood) but they're pretty much back to normal now

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
They ended up giving me another code. I love those guys.
smile.png

Thanks for posting the updated deal here.
NO judgment but why did you buy from NCIX I looked at them and all their video cards ar about $100 more than amazon and newegg or other retailers.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just dumb luck on the timing, really

DRAM Supply Shortage Will Last Until 2014, The End Of Cheap RAM? - eTeknix

Huge oversupply of Ram back in 2011/2012 that almost tanked several large manufacturers, prices dropped so low. Prices tripled the next year in 2013 as everyone bought up the cheap RAM and few people were making more, supply got real thin. Prices went down a bit in 2014 but they are still nowhere near where they were in 2011/2012, we're still almost double 2012 pricing, 3 years later.+

Sucks, I've never seen a computer part change price so drastically as to actually get MORE expensive several years later. I've never seen any CPU/GPU/motherboard/HD do anything like it, price-wise. The only thing close was the brief hard-drive shortage back in...2011-ish? Prices went sky high for a couple years(Tiawanese flood) but they're pretty much back to normal now
The hard drive shortage was why RAM prices got so cheap. OEMs couldn't ship PCs without hard drives, so they weren't buying up the ram.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
NO judgment but why did you buy from NCIX I looked at them and all their video cards ar about $100 more than amazon and newegg or other retailers.
NCIX prices are all in Canadian dollars. Newegg.com doesn't ship to Canada at all, and newegg.ca generally has worse prices than NCIX. Same deal with Amazon. Shipping is always super expensive to get things to Canada, and there's always a chance you'll get dinged with duty fees. On occasion, amazon.ca will have some good deals, but for the most part, I stick with NCIX.

It really fucking blows though, things are far more expensive here. I've considered setting up a PO box or something just south of the border to get things much cheaper. It's still about a 1.5 hour drive for me to get there though, so it's probably not worth it for most things.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I need to set up a PC part smuggling business and sell parts on the black market in Canada. Look for the guy in the van down by the river selling video cards out of the back of it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prices are starting to get better overseas, but I capitalized on the insane markups for many years. I work a government job, so I had access to government mail services. Basically, every year, I would build the most insane over the top spec gaming PC. I would use it for about a year until the next gen processors / video cards came out and then sell my year old PC for pretty much exactly what I paid for it. I basically had free upgrades for nearly 10 years doing that!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ended up w/ an MSI board, the Gaming 5. Order placed, picking everything up from Frys after work. Woot.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
NCIX prices are all in Canadian dollars. Newegg.com doesn't ship to Canada at all, and newegg.ca generally has worse prices than NCIX. Same deal with Amazon. Shipping is always super expensive to get things to Canada, and there's always a chance you'll get dinged with duty fees. On occasion, amazon.ca will have some good deals, but for the most part, I stick with NCIX.

It really fucking blows though, things are far more expensive here. I've considered setting up a PO box or something just south of the border to get things much cheaper. It's still about a 1.5 hour drive for me to get there though, so it's probably not worth it for most things.
Now it makes sense I went to the us site and the prices were similar. This is funny I remember when I lived in Montana always going to Canada to buy everything. Sucks I'm not up there anymore or I could implement Joe's smuggling business.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fail. Bought a motherboard with mSATA, not M.2. This is what I get for getting fancy w/ my SSD.

Was already kinda annoyed that Frys sold me an open box item for full price and didn't even get to see that before I got to the car (online order, shopping cart full of stuff), now I get to exchange it for another (or keep it and exchange the SSD).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Depends on how long that will be, i plan to build around October or so. 395x2(if avail) and whatever PCIE SSDs are on the market. The 750s have been getting pretty decent reviews so i have no issues buying one to give it a spin.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Fail. Bought a motherboard with mSATA, not M.2. This is what I get for getting fancy w/ my SSD.

Was already kinda annoyed that Frys sold me an open box item for full price and didn't even get to see that before I got to the car (online order, shopping cart full of stuff), now I get to exchange it for another (or keep it and exchange the SSD).
The MSI Gaming 5 has a 'Killer' LAN instead of an Intel. That makes me nervous. Might not be a big deal, something to note though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Here you go bro. Quit being fancy. lol... $170

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal Solid State Drive on eBay Daily Deals

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Qualcomm and Intel NICs are good. All the others blow. The realtek NIC drivers really used to fucking suck.