Desktop Computers

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Some more benchmarks:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 review | PC Gamer

rrr_img_133950.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Anybody have any experience with this case or something similar? This is my build so wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a decent case for it. Not really gonna be moving it around a lot & don't care about the lights but it was a decent price lol.

Case --http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811353086
Take a look at theFractal Design Define R5, it is also $100 and some people here are high on it. I have two of them. Another favored variant around this site is theFractal Design Define Sat $100.

I also have two of theCorsair Carbide Series Air 540at $130 and I think it is still my favorite case ever.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Seems entirely possible. 980ti over a 980 was a 30-40% jump, so that kind of increase on a 1080ti should make[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */relatively stable.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Sort of depends how you look at it. Reducing the graphics quality it seems like it should be just on the cusp for a lot of the new or really GPU taxing games. The criteria I'm targeting would be 60 FPS minimum, with the average a quite a bit above that - with a single card.

The improvements seem like they were unequivocally worth it for those who waited to purchase.

By the way, has anyone else seen the comments for some of the articles from a few days back when they announced the cards and now with the benchmarks?... I can't believe how many people said "OMG BUT I JUST ORDERED BY 980 TI / 390 / ETC, WHY DID I DO THAT? CAN I RETURN IT?! THEY SHOULD GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!"... Are people really so stupid not to at least do a SLIGHT bit of research before buying? Jesus I mean this hasn't exactly been a secret or anything. I know I saw it at least once a week on this forum for people to wait, and on other sites. I guess I shouldn't be so dumbfounded with the stupidity of people.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did research and still got a 970. I don't play that many games, and only ever at 1080. My last video card lasted me 6 years and probably expect the same out of this one. We'll see but I'm totally happy with my $300 970.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, my 980 is fine for what I've seen come out. The next bump should be virtual reality if they can bump the screens up a bit in resolution and get a game library for them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I accidentally had my GPU in a x4 slot, whoops. Not my fault though, the manual was shitty.

It labelled it as a x16 slot, which it is but only if an adjacent slot is populated (huh?).

Just order a 144hz gsync monitor to finalize everything, only thing left is a nice mech keyboard. I'm going to hold off a bit though so my wife doesn't murder me in my sleep.

Crone

I accidentally had my GPU in a x4 slot, whoops. Not my fault though, the manual was shitty.

It labelled it as a x16 slot, which it is but only if an adjacent slot is populated (huh?).

Just order a 144hz gsync monitor to finalize everything, only thing left is a nice mech keyboard. I'm going to hold off a bit though so my wife doesn't murder me in my sleep.
Which monitor did you get?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got the Asus vgsomethingorother, the standard 24 inch 144hz model from them. I can't really spend too much. One day.... Plus I plan on getting another later in the summer.

Crone

Sweet mother of God where have you been my whole life 144hz monitors
They are so gorgeous! Friend has one, and I'm jealous. I'm nearing my 30 day limit to return my GTX 970 to Jet.com. I got the veto from the wife to spend another $80 on a 1070, so not sure if I'm going to return it or not. Typically, there aren't massive price drops in cards as the stock just vanishes and that's that. I'd return it in a heartbeat, if somehow the 980Ti was gonna drop to $300-$350 soon because of the 1080, but I don't see that happening?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok I think I'm sold on getting a 1070 or 1080 finally but I was looking at monitors and saw a nice LG curved 35" model.

I can see replacing both my 23s with it but now I'm curious about how it would work functionally with games. Right now I usually run primary in borderless fullscreen and secondary is media so website/dvd/another game whatever. How do those super widescreens deal with fullscreen games and stuff like that?