Desktop Computers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well, cheaper than Intel. Let's see those performance numbers.

AMD Threadripper 1920X and 1950X CPU Details: 12/16 Cores, 4 GHz Turbo, $799 and $999

dbwthwoxkaeehmw-1.jpg.324b24f4c47236d1eaf463abf6ad95a3_575px.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Let's see those biased performance numbers and then claims of "well it's not for gaming lol"

• 2Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
please tell me that's a blown up display model for marketing

• 2Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I clicked on that and shit my pants at the prices. Then saw Canada. :( that sucks.

The dell 27" rocks. I have one. However, I paid 499 for it. But I swear by the monitor. You will have to do some customization when you first turn it on, but after you are done with the settings I give you, it will look like an IPS panel.

Myst

Peasant
Don't remind please... even with the exchange rate it's a 600$ difference.

Glad to hear about the monitor! New system or not, I will be buying the 1070 and 144hz 1440p monitor for gaming. I wouldn't mind seeing the difference every one keeps boasting about in Pubg/overwatch. I currently have a Dell 27" IPS 1440P, but it's only a 60hz. I really should have done my research before buying it. That said, it will be a nice dual monitor setup!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm leaving for Europe tonight but I want to make sure you aren't looking at the horrible default settings for the Dell monitor. At first you will be like "Oh God NO!" and then after you do this, you will be "YES!" First make sure to enable gsync for borderless window and full screen after you install the card and drivers. Then do the following:

Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop color settings
Select "Use NVIDIA settings"
Brightness 50%
Contrast 50%
Gamma 0.72
Digital Vibrance 70%
Hue 0

Dell S2716DG menu
Brightness 43%
Contrast 75%
Set Custom Color:
R 97% G 99% B 96%

You will be blown away by the quality of the picture after doing this :)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm leaving for Europe tonight but I want to make sure you aren't looking at the horrible default settings for the Dell monitor. At first you will be like "Oh God NO!" and then after you do this, you will be "YES!" First make sure to enable gsync for borderless window and full screen after you install the card and drivers. Then do the following:

Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop color settings
Select "Use NVIDIA settings"
Brightness 50%
Contrast 50%
Gamma 0.72
Digital Vibrance 70%
Hue 0

Dell S2716DG menu
Brightness 43%
Contrast 75%
Set Custom Color:
R 97% G 99% B 96%

You will be blown away by the quality of the picture after doing this :)
That's a lot of digital vibrance dude. You're just fooling yourself at that point by distorting the image.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's a lot of digital vibrance dude. You're just fooling yourself at that point by distorting the image.

It looks fantastic. Trust me. the monitor itself is very washed out without putting this up.

Myst

Peasant
Have a safe trip and thanks for the setup. I am using a software called "VibranceGUI" atm. It really gives me an edge at detecting enemies in Pubg. I don't know much about monitors, is this the same as the Digital vibrance setup you listed?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Have a safe trip and thanks for the setup. I am using a software called "VibranceGUI" atm. It really gives me an edge at detecting enemies in Pubg. I don't know much about monitors, is this the same as the Digital vibrance setup you listed?

Kinda. The dig vib is in the NVIDIA color adjustment menu. You'll know what I mean when you plug in the 27" for the first time and look at the picture. Don't be scared that you made a huge mistake.... It just comes VERY badly configured. Follow those steps at first (There are two one for the card, another for the Dell menu) and then see if your vibrance app you mentioned overrides the NVIDIA settings. Either way though you have to manually enable gsync and then choose for both fullscreen and borderless window mode (One, the other, or both - select both)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
anyone using a 34" GSync ultrawide?

Most who have used GSync, guessing you'd pay the extra $400 or so for that option?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
After getting Gsync enabled, I can never go back. :(

Tried playing on my 2nd monitor next to it which is an IPS 24" Dell 60hz... Yeah. No way.

It's so smooth. I mean Zero jitter, shimmy, shutter, hicups... just buttery smooth.... and most importantly with that, zero input lag and no tearing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They had to have fucked something up bad a long the way. 9 months ago they had Vega running Doom.

I would like some input on this build please. I wouldn't mind saving money if some of these parts are overkill.I had trouble picking between the Asus rogue and Dell for 144hz 1440p. I originally wanted the Asus but theres a 250$ price difference. System Build - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC... - PCPartPicker Canada

$270 Ryzen 1700

Amazon.com: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler (YD1700BBAEBOX): Computers & Accessories

nm guess you guys get buttfucked in canada.