Desktop Computers

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So my new rig came. This machine is beast mode baby!

4k resolution on BF1 Ultra? No slow downs!

Tera which I used to get 25-35 FPS in cities, now I am at 50-60.

D3, LOL, etc all those games are 120+ FPS.

Posted in the "SIJB" thread...but here seems more appropriate.

• Processor i7-7700K 4.2 (20% OC)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
  • CASE: Thermaltake Core P3 Open Frame + Support Wall-Mounting Gaming case w/ USB 3.
  • CASE FAN: 3X 120mm Corsair HD Series, High Performance Individually Addressable RGB LED PWM Case Fans
  • Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
  • POWER SUPPLY: 800 Watts
  • VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR
  • HD_M2SSD: 16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory Accelerator M.2 PCIe NVMe + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [ARRAY MODE] No idea what this means. Sounded cool though.
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270-A Pro ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

• New PC.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So my new rig came. This machine is beast mode baby!

4k resolution on BF1 Ultra? No slow downs!

Tera which I used to get 25-35 FPS in cities, now I am at 50-60.

D3, LOL, etc all those games are 120+ FPS.

Posted in the "SIJB" thread...but here seems more appropriate.

• Processor i7-7700K 4.2 (20% OC)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
  • CASE: Thermaltake Core P3 Open Frame + Support Wall-Mounting Gaming case w/ USB 3.
  • CASE FAN: 3X 120mm Corsair HD Series, High Performance Individually Addressable RGB LED PWM Case Fans
  • Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
  • POWER SUPPLY: 800 Watts
  • VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR
  • HD_M2SSD: 16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory Accelerator M.2 PCIe NVMe + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [ARRAY MODE] No idea what this means. Sounded cool though.
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270-A Pro ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

• View attachment 150872
This pic is confusing me. Why does it look like the fans are blowing across the narrow length of the case?

Malkav

French Madman
No SSD is kind of a shame though.

And if your cpu cooler only has a 120 radiator, what the hell are the two other fans cooling? Looks like they are just blowing through the case frame into nothing.

Malkav

French Madman
This pic is confusing me. Why does it look like the fans are blowing across the narrow length of the case?

Haha I'm not the only one. The P5 is designed for WC radiators on this spot. You can put a nice 360 rad there, no problem. But with a 120 rad two of the fans are useless.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Haha I'm not the only one. The P5 is designed for WC radiators on this spot. You can put a nice 360 rad there, no problem. But with a 120 rad two of the fans are useless.

Never did water cooling. So forgive this explanation. That middle fan is protruding about 2 more inches higher than the other 2 fans. From the angle I took the pic you might not be able to tell. Something is under there though.

The case is hollow with like a 2 inch gap from what the motherboard sits on to the true back of the case.. (Only way I can explain it) There are channels that the fans are blowing into with air holes releasing air throughout the case. When I got to looking at the setup I thought the same thing, what the fuck is being cooled? (The hard drives are under the mother board)... But it dissipates the heat...everywhere since the case has no walls. It really is pretty cool.

Yeah you're going to want to add an SSD like immediately.

I already have a few SSD drives lying around. Didn't want to waste the money. You guys know what the heck an array setup is?

Attached a new pic...

Angle 1.jpg

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You guys know what the heck an array setup is?

So that is an NVME and HDD put together into a RAID Array that is probably RAID 0. This means your read and write from the hard drive is faster because it is cached on that NVME. It is a cheaper way of getting SSD speeds with HDD sizes.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So that is an NVME and HDD put together into a RAID Array that is probably RAID 0. This means your read and write from the hard drive is faster because it is cached on that NVME. It is a cheaper way of getting SSD speeds with HDD sizes.

Thank you. Because I am loading just as fast in all my games...

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Brahma Brahma Why did you get the RGB fans when every single picture you have ever posted all your shit is always red?:)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Never did water cooling. So forgive this explanation. That middle fan is protruding about 2 more inches higher than the other 2 fans. From the angle I took the pic you might not be able to tell. Something is under there though.

The case is hollow with like a 2 inch gap from what the motherboard sits on to the true back of the case.. (Only way I can explain it) There are channels that the fans are blowing into with air holes releasing air throughout the case. When I got to looking at the setup I thought the same thing, what the fuck is being cooled? (The hard drives are under the mother board)... But it dissipates the heat...everywhere since the case has no walls. It really is pretty cool.

I already have a few SSD drives lying around. Didn't want to waste the money. You guys know what the heck an array setup is?

Attached a new pic...

View attachment 150877

Didn't even come with a case

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't get them either. Wouldn't the cooling be worse due to not being able to direct the airflow as well as a traditional case?

Seems to be form over function to me.

Malkav

French Madman

Yeah the part under the middle is what you call a radiator. It dissipates the heat from the watercooling loop.

I don't get them either. Wouldn't the cooling be worse due to not being able to direct the airflow as well as a traditional case?

To be fair, as the heat isn't trapped in a box, you don't really need a directed airflow to get it out of the case. Heat just rises out.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm really of thinking of using that type of case in my next PC. Would be god damn super easy to keep clean.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

forget about the cooling. what about the noise?

also, I'm an old fuck who does not understand the fascination with the led lights? Never have.