Desktop Computers

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So for those running AMD graphics, wtf is the point of the AMD Catalyst desktop app? I thought it'd be useful to quickly and easily see when new drivers pop up, but nope! No where in the application can you tell it to update your drivers that I can find. I get notifications about driver updates, but if I don't update at that moment, it doesn't work. Fucking AMD pieces of shit! Amirite Noodleface Noodleface ?!

This isn't my system, but click the bottom right, then the Radeon software version. It should be pretty straight forward. Also, if you're running Windows 10, and you have the option to receive driver update notifications turned on in the Crimson ap, it should popup every time you login to remind you.

amd-crimson-settings-02.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

The Dell 28" 4K 60hz 2ms screen is also solid. I picked it up during a sale which I expect to come around again soon. Look for it on black Friday for $250. They're both beautiful screens, just depends on what you're needing/wanting. I don't really play high fps shooters, and at that resolution I'm not expecting much more than 60fps. It's also a TN panel, but the viewing angle is imperceptible when sitting at my desk. Love that Dell includes an HDMI and a Display port. All other monitors I've picked up haven't included shit. The speakers on it are also pretty damn decent as far as monitor speakers go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The blue razor Naga was perfect then the next version they removed the numpad switch on the bottom, forced you to log in, and run their bloatware. Years later Geforce follows suit.

It's a bad trend and people really should complain and stop using it all together so they get the message.

Yea I posted about that in this thread.

"YES SVEN LET US PUT EVVVVERYTHING IN DA CLOUD!" ~some Razer Executive probably

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't mind the Razer software too much since it's a convenient way to work across all products, but then again I don't know why it's required.

My ducky shine has better rgb capabilities and it's all done via hardware control. Also it's the best keyboard I've ever used in my life.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Corsair Scimitar Pro Rgb MMO mouse is my favorite. You can adjust the thumb pad on the side to better fit your hand.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, I'm in the market for 2 things -

1. A mouse that isn't built for feminine hands. Nearly every mouse these days forces me to use a "claw" grip due to its size, but I'd really like to be able to "relax" my hand on it more. I currently have a Logitech G700s and while it's larger than some other mice I've tried, it's still on the smallish side. Logitech used to make a mouse in the 90s(I forget the model name)that was grey with purple accents and it was the perfect size. Ideally, I'd like something roughly the size of a trackball mouse, without the horribleness that is a trackball mouse.

2. What's the current consensus on the best "budget" video card - bang for your buck performance wise. I'm just not really willing to drop $450 on a 1070 when I don't really play on settings above 1080p.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
2. What's the current consensus on the best "budget" video card - bang for your buck performance wise. I'm just not really willing to drop $450 on a 1070 when I don't really play on settings above 1080p.

RX480 can be had for about $150-180.

The G700 is about as big as they come. The MX Master might be a smidgen bigger, but it's wireless.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wrong again. Show me an RX 480 new from a reputable store in that price range.
Not wrong since I didn't specify new. Ebay. The 480 isn't in production anymore. And the 500 series is cheaper, but ironically offers poorer performance... The 480 refurb my buddy picked up a month ago for $180 was basically new, in box, with all accessories. The 1060 is $220 on newegg, and refurbs are actually more than that on ebay for some stupid reason.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The G700 is about as big as they come. The MX Master might be a smidgen bigger, but it's wireless.

I have both a G700 and a MX Master. The master is slightly larger than the 700 but significantly lighter if that matters to you. I have decent sized hands and can use a palm grip on either, though the Master is a little more comfortable in that regard. I like the buttons on the 700 best, as the thumb buttons on the Master can be a little awkward. The scroll wheels (it has a horizontal thumb wheel) are better on the Master through. The top wheel can be flicked to cause it to scroll smoothly and you can adjust the force necessary to do that in the software. The Master is wireless only, though it can use the standard transmitter or bluetooth. The G700 ise wired or transmitter.