Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
this-morning-600x337.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok not gaming but I have this terrible HP AIO printer and the ink cartridges dry out in a month with or without use. I'm pretty pissed, I get two or three pages per cartridge because I simply don't print a lot. Anyone got any recommendations for a replacement that doesn't suck? I like having a scanning bed at home so probably similar functionality just not shitty.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never bought printers before, but don't they sell the toner powder ink ones to mass public? You know the ones we use in offices? It would seem those would be more up your alley since they use powder ink and heat, instead of inkjet type. Might be only b&w but for printing documents and shit it would be perfect.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Never bought printers before, but don't they sell the toner powder ink ones to mass public? You know the ones we use in offices? It would seem those would be more up your alley since they use powder ink and heat, instead of inkjet type. Might be only b&w but for printing documents and shit it would be perfect.

Lasers are just more expensive and color lasers even more so. I don't print near enough for that. Just need one that doesn't let ink dry out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They have laser b&w for $99 at wallmart bro. As for ink jets, once you pop them cartridges, yeah, they are gonna dry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There is also the New Epson bubble jets, that have re-fillable carts, you just buy the ink in bulk and fill them as needed(work is using one now, hardware guy say's its pretty nice and easy, with what little they print these day's)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think they have always had the branding Bubble Jet, but now that you mention it I recall seeing an ad for some refillable Epson printer thing with 'ink wells' or something.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for those running AMD graphics, wtf is the point of the AMD Catalyst desktop app? I thought it'd be useful to quickly and easily see when new drivers pop up, but nope! No where in the application can you tell it to update your drivers that I can find. I get notifications about driver updates, but if I don't update at that moment, it doesn't work. Fucking AMD pieces of shit! Amirite Noodleface Noodleface ?!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're fucking right!

But to be fair, GeForce experience is fucking trash too
At least GeForce Experience, which I have on my Desktop (using laptop when out of town that has AMD card), has big buttons and is very easy to update drivers with it!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Somewhere in the last year they changed it and made it a bit dumpster firey. There's no reason I should have to login to use it. Also I don't like the idea that it could change game settings without me realizing it

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The blue razor Naga was perfect then the next version they removed the numpad switch on the bottom, forced you to log in, and run their bloatware. Years later Geforce follows suit.

It's a bad trend and people really should complain and stop using it all together so they get the message.