Desktop Computers

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I got the itch and built one this past week. Went really budget, ryzen 5 2600, RX 570 etc.

Thought was I can use it, and it's amazing compared to what I had (i7 920, GTX something 4 years old). Then if the new stuff is really a leap forward, give it to the wife or turn it into a backup and build a top end one on Black Friday 2019.

Cost around 900$
I was gonna go with the a ryzen 7...you think the 5 is good enough though? I dunno like I said my system is running some old stuff now too. With a GTX 760 and a i5-4670

I don’t need 4K gaming, or VR and such. But I do want to be able to run new games on higher settings. What do you or others recommend?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tarrant Tarrant

Ryzen 2700 is prolly the best budget minded chip (2600 is the best bang for buck, but less overall bang), and what I was originally going to get. But all the CPU slots for Ryzen are compatible, so upgrading shouldn't be hard.

I just wanted it done, and since I'll likely get more in the next year getting future proof wasn't a concern.

Just watch about 10 hours of gamers Nexus, and about two hours of Linus. Lol

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Tarrant Tarrant , the new AMD CPUs coming this summer are supposed to be a significant upgrade, especially single thread performance for gaming.

If you want to buy a Ryzen gaming system today I would advise against a Ryzen 7 unless its a super sale.
Go instead for a cheaper filler CPU like 2600 (or even a 4 core) so you can upgrade to a 3x00 in half year or so with zippy Zen 2 cores.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
I won’t have to worry about compatiable mother board and yadda yadda yadda if I do that?
No worries no. AM4 is staying until 2020 at least I believe. AMD literally cannot afford to segment the market and piss off users for fleecy profits like Intel does by coming out with different sockets each year or two.

Neither CPU nor motherboards are out yet but it sounds like only thing new X570/B550 chipset AM4 motherboards migtht have over X470 /B450 is..... PCIe4. So nothing. for of importance for most people. Everything else should just work once new BIOSes are released to recognize new CPUs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well that’s fantastic then, that’ll save me some more money now and I can just pop something in later this summer to upgrade. Thanks for the heads up!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean it's HIGHLY likely they'll be releasing a AM4+ socket, that'll be backwards w/ AM4 chips, they've been releasing a "+" version since AM2

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
i mean it's HIGHLY likely they'll be releasing a AM4+ socket, that'll be backwards w/ AM4 chips, they've been releasing a "+" version since AM2

Yep, would not be surprised at all if the new CPUs will require a new chipset for more PCI-E lanes.

Malkav

French Madman
No, Ryzen 3000 will be compatible with current X470 and most of X370 MBs, it's already been confirmed.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, Tom's is the last place anyone should be looking for reliable information.

I'm not familiar with the specific panel, but I'd try finding info on tftcentral, or forums like overclockers.co or overclock.net especially as VA panels can have some really annoying issues.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Google/toms is like cnn/foxnews mixed together.
Yeah, Tom's is the last place anyone should be looking for reliable information.

I'm not familiar with the specific panel, but I'd try finding info on tftcentral, or forums like overclockers.co or overclock.net especially as VA panels can have some really annoying issues.
This looks like a way better monitor, for similar deal?

Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K 2560x1440, AMD FreeSync, Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor, Edge-to-Edge Frameless Design, DVI, HDMI, tilt, Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

lol, this fucking picture

foh.jpg

Lurkingmoar

Molten Core Raider
Last edited: