Desktop Computers

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fffffuuuu that monoprice deal, even if I don't get that screen has given me the bug. I want a damn monitor so bad now.

27"+, 144hz, 1440p, Freesync, 1ms response time

All for $300? Not sure it's possible and be any good, although the one linked above from Newegg might be as close as you can get to it.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Fffffuuuu that monoprice deal, even if I don't get that screen has given me the bug. I want a damn monitor so bad now.

27"+, 144hz, 1440p, Freesync, 1ms response time

All for $300? Not sure it's possible and be any good, although the one linked above from Newegg might be as close as you can get to it.

Dont forget to check craigslist around your area, people always need money for shit they cant afford.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just try to buy from a place that offers no-hassle returns, because fuck any place that doesn't accept returns due to dead pixels or excess BLB/glow

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There are some good VA panels that avoid that, but they are few and far between. LG has been making some good ones and there are a large number of 4k hrr VA panels coming out in the next few cycles that look promising.

Crone

This was my monitor for a few years and it was pretty good. Main complaints were mostly tied to it being a TN panel, having some pretty poor gamma, and not being Vesa mount compatible(ways around this with some adapters though}
Pulled the trigger on it from Newegg.

Never had a TN panel before I don't think. Hopefully my desk setup doesn't screw me with being a TN panel and viewing angles.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Pulled the trigger on it from Newegg.

Never had a TN panel before I don't think. Hopefully my desk setup doesn't screw me with being a TN panel and viewing angles.

Unless you have a really weird setup it should be fine. It's something you'll notice if you're actively looking for it while moving your head up and down, but otherwise it really wasn't an issue.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Never had problems with TN panels myself. My head doesn't really swing 90 degrees while gaming though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Never had problems with TN panels myself. My head doesn't really swing 90 degrees while gaming though
Nice! Thanks!

I've posted before about it, but I was gonna wait another year and upgrade my monitors and video card at the same time but seeing the deal on the monoprice gave me the bug. Then saw the Newegg deal. Monitors 4 years old or something but I hope 144hz is 144hz?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

TN viewing angle issues are more about the vertical than the horizontal, which is why they're useless for portrait setup.

Go here and just raise and lower yourself in your seat, and then swivel your head side to side and you'll see the difference

Viewing angle - Lagom LCD test

You're dealing with bad viewing angles at all times with TN. You just don't notice it as it tends to be subtle depending on content, and your gave is always focused on a small part of the screen.

Crone

TN viewing angle issues are more about the vertical than the horizontal, which is why they're useless for portrait setup.

Go here and just raise and lower yourself in your seat, and then swivel your head side to side and you'll see the difference

Viewing angle - Lagom LCD test

You're dealing with bad viewing angles at all times with TN. You just don't notice it as it tends to be subtle depending on content, and your gave is always focused on a small part of the screen.
I'm 6'6" , maybe 6'5" these days, and so when I sit up I tend to look down on my monitors. Then I'll recline all the way back in my chair, and that tends to make me even dead on with my monitors. Just like the new Acer screen I'm getting, my current monitors have no up/down mechanism. Hopefully the TN panel isn't an issue with me.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm 6'6" , maybe 6'5" these days, and so when I sit up I tend to look down on my monitors. Then I'll recline all the way back in my chair, and that tends to make me even dead on with my monitors. Just like the new Acer screen I'm getting, my current monitors have no up/down mechanism. Hopefully the TN panel isn't an issue with me.

You can get around the lack of adjustment with something like this and a normal VESA desk/wall mount: https://www.primecables.ca/p-357290...ount-kit-for-19-to-27-led-lcd-monitor-screen#

Wake Up Man
<Banned>

Ever use a laptop that you felt like you had adjust the angle of the screen so it could look better? That's TN.

Crone

Ever use a laptop that you felt like you had adjust the angle of the screen so it could look better? That's TN.
Gotcha. That happens quite a bit then and am familiar with it from my gaming and work laptops. The new Acer I have does have tilt so will have to find the sweet spot.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm curious how the tiny bezel on the acer would work for something like that.

The only issue I had (same monitor) was that the controls for the OSD were on the bottom right of the panel and so sometimes the pressure would cause them to be pressed, but it wasn't much of an issue after friggin around with the balance of it.The only points of contact the monitor has with that adapter is on the top/bottom sides of the panel. The hook looking part of it is just there to keep the monitor from slipping out if it gets nudged.It essentially just sits in the grooves.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
get monitor arms, fucking i used to only swear by ergotron, 100bucks an arm, then amazon came out with arms for like 40bucks, now this company is doing em for 20bucks and they're awesome, bought 2 already for the wifes new battlestation.