Desktop Computers

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
is a vega 64 aircooled worth it for 300 bucks? I have an opportunity to get one off my friend to replace my rx 580.

I wasn't planning to get a new videocard for a year or two since i only have a 1080p monitor and would like to replace that likely this fall or so. But this seems like a fair bit less then the street price even i only mostly use it for playing overwatch and use my ps pro/tv for gaming.
Vega 64 is a very capable card and that's a great price. (I mean, I don't know if thats great used, but if you trust the source you can't buy them for that new)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
i know you meant 250gb, but holy shit, where this at? (in ks i'm at 1tb cap, nj/pa/va it unlimited)
My Fiber with CenturyLink is $80 flat with no cap. It's also symmetrical up/down (1gb)

Edit: In SW FL

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So for the first time ever I am running AMD/Radeon as opposed to an intel/nVidia setup. Seems pretty nice and the pricepoints are much much better.

I haven't played anything yet Whidon Whidon but I'll nerd it up and tell you how well it works for Sekiro on Friday. But it does make my monitors with different resolutions a whole lot nicer. One is 144hz and one is 4k.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
@Dom It's happened. I turned on nVidia's in game FPS meter in the top corner, and now I can't stop watching it. Then when shit drops, I'm like WHYYYYY how do I raise it up!! hahaha

It didn't take long to turn into an FPS whore. Luckily I don't play first person shooters hardly ever, so having to figure out how to lock in 144 FPS isn't an issue for me.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Best PC component I have every purchased for the price to value ratio.

No more opening my case every few minutes to push on the card to keep the fans from making noise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking for a 2 port in- 3 monitor out hdmi kvm switch. Anyone have recommendations? I can suffer with a 2 port in/out if needed.

Fucker

Log Wizard
My 4790K lost its ability to have even a minor OC (4.4 all cores) at stock volts. It could never do 4.5 at any volts. I delided it just for shits & giggles and it will do 4.5 at stock volts. Still will throttle under Prime 95...but it doesn't get hot in actual use. It has a giant dual fan Noctua, and it will hit 100C instantly in Prime. In normal use the fans never had to spin up though.

Intel's TIM was like dried toothpaste.

Not that much of this matters. Just bored and waiting for the new Ryzen units to arrive. Going to get the 12c/24t unit and a 2tb nvme drive, 16GB fast ram and call it a day. 4k gaming still seems $$$$ right now.

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
My 4790K lost its ability to have even a minor OC (4.4 all cores) at stock volts. It could never do 4.5 at any volts. I delided it just for shits & giggles and it will do 4.5 at stock volts. Still will throttle under Prime 95...but it doesn't get hot in actual use. It has a giant dual fan Noctua, and it will hit 100C instantly in Prime. In normal use the fans never had to spin up though.

Intel's TIM was like dried toothpaste.

Not that much of this matters. Just bored and waiting for the new Ryzen units to arrive. Going to get the 12c/24t unit and a 2tb nvme drive, 16GB fast ram and call it a day. 4k gaming still seems $$$$ right now.

I think that 12/24 is on everyone's list.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ryzen 7 3700X12/244.2GHz5.0GHz105w$329/$370

Count me in! Probably build a new box around this fucker.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Same, that's what I'm waiting for. Intel is fucking sucking. Still want to see game benchmarks first, and how hard or easy it is to keep cool.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Same, that's what I'm waiting for. Intel is fucking sucking. Still want to see game benchmarks first, and how hard or easy it is to keep cool.

If one buys into the marketing, Intel's new laptop H-series can do something like 5GHz with 45W draw on 14nm process. This is probably for 5 seconds before burning whatever surface it sits on, and it almost certainly isn't at 45W draw.

This latest gossip is that Intel will suck well into 2021 with 14nm:

I am not a semi-conductor engineer, but as I understand it, process size means 2 things: more chips yield per wafer, and more efficient chips.

Intel is on the verge of falling behind for at least 2 years on supply, efficiency, and iGPU/APU tech.

Lisa Su wasn't kidding when she spoke of an inflection point. This is like the biggest development in tech, imo. And it's totally real, no AI, Automated Car, or Man on Mars futurist bullshit.

Feel free to correct my amateur's enthusiasm. I'm trying to wrap my head around AMD, the computer company I cheered while I was in Austin, actually coming into its own.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New setup. Just got my 2nd 32" set up. Yeah, yeah they are on top of boxes until I get my mount.

20190427_143906.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users