Desktop Computers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm not totally up to date on hardware. Is it fair to say that the new 1660 Ti is a pretty decent 1440p card for the price point? Acceptable framerates (~60+) at high/ultra on most games? I'm currently running at GTX 970 and it just can't hang with modern games at that resolution.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Like I said, I'm getting mostly ultra ~60fps@4k with my overclocked $250 vega 56. Sure I've turned shadows down, like the least important thing to image quality to me. Oh no the shadow maps are slightly less quality and look like SHADOWS.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I'm not totally up to date on hardware. Is it fair to say that the new 1660 Ti is a pretty decent 1440p card for the price point? Acceptable framerates (~60+) at high/ultra on most games? I'm currently running at GTX 970 and it just can't hang with modern games at that resolution.

So a lot of the reviews of the 1660ti answer yes to your question. But if I pull up the verified 3DMark data:
Result

I find it hard to believe that that 1660ti is actually acceptable for 1440p when it doesn't even outperform the RX 580* or 590 in 1080p.

* Those RX 580 numbers are a little insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Bought a 1080 ti off ebay tonight when I didn't expect to (price went waaaay low at $524 compared to others). First, thank all of you for the information about EVGA cards and their amazing warranty. Only reason I even bid.

Second, how do I go about getting the warranty info in my name? Crone Crone Since you just went through this, any advice?

Thank you.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought a 1080 ti off ebay tonight when I didn't expect to (price went waaaay low at $524 compared to others). First, thank all of you for the information about EVGA cards and their amazing warranty. Only reason I even bid.

Second, how do I go about getting the warranty info in my name? Crone Crone Since you just went through this, any advice?

Thank you.
General jist is create an account at EVGA.com, or just use your existing account. Go to Register product, and then type in the serial number. Should pull up your model number. For the purchase location, select Secondhand. Then, just to have it done before they ask you, save a PDF, or whatever of your Ebay invoice. I'd assume Ebay or better yet, Paypal can give you an invoice to save. Upload this to your account, so it's already there.

But yea, tha'ts about it. after you register you'll see how much warranty is left. It's 3 years from the date of manufacture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
What's the best way to get windows 10 activated these days without paying $120?I assume all these ebay keys for $10 are just bullshit right?
i activated a few win7 pcs from ebay all no issues, no idea on win10, if anything, just get a seller w/ 100% and 5000 reviews, plus it's only 10bucks

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Anyone do the whole Philips Hue syncing to your computer thing?

Trying to decide whether to change a build I've been mucking with to make it compatible.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Crucial or Samsung is what I go with. I'm not current though. SATA is what you can use. 1TB units are cheap now, and you can use it for games storage when it comes time to building a new PC.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I need advice on a new monitor. Willing to spend up to $2k on a good one if it's worth the price tag. Thinking I want an Ultra-Wide with HDR support and good enough refresh rate to play something like Sekiro:Shadows Die Twice without any issues. I don't know how important these things are though in that regard hence needing the advice.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
First monitor I'd look at is the 34 inch Alienware but it's been awhile since I looked at it's specs. Otherwise I'd look at the Acer predator stuff

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Crucial or Samsung is what I go with. I'm not current though. SATA is what you can use. 1TB units are cheap now, and you can use it for games storage when it comes time to building a new PC.
Thanks. Until I build is it bad to put OS and games on same SSD? Really only playing POE right now and that game tears up my current HD