Desktop Computers

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Haven't used an HP printer in a long time, but that company is sinking impressively fast. One of their subsidiaries might buy them out. A SUBSIDIARY! Or another failing company like Xerox. It's that bad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no one is using a laserjet for 20years? i have, it's still running great, pretty sure it's on it's (at least) 2nd or 3rd tonor (3rd party of course)

aren't all inkjets now microchipped at the nozzle to accept oem ink only?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
no one is using a laserjet for 20years? i have, it's still running great, pretty sure it's on it's (at least) 2nd or 3rd tonor (3rd party of course)

Not brother. I use 3rd party

Wake Up Man
<Banned>

Old job gave me a laserjet...new toner cartridge I put in there is some generic bullshit that doesn't work right and needs the PC rebooted after printing 1 document. Not HP's fault, but wtf, it obviously prints.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I'm surprised people even buy their cards. The software has been garbage since the ATI days. It's clear nothing is going to change on the gfx side of things over there.

Yet their CPU biz AMD vs intel, is turning into them being Nvidia vs AMD. Sounds like AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU should merger and we can all pay crazy $5000 prices to play post Console games.

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A huge chunk of Nvidia's revenue comes from their enterprise business. AI, cloud computing, healthcare.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im not even sure why AMD is in the GPU game. I like that there isn't a monopoly, but it's just like how Intel vs AMD was for CPUs for the last decade

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
AMD was always the best price vs performance for the low to mid tier of cards they always had a mid range card for like $150-$200 that was the best low to mid range since like forever until recently.

Ive owned several AMD over the years back when I played MMO that were not too taxing on GPU.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

My epson started printing everything like the following after I started using OEM ink

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

(not my pic)

and the only way I can get it to print correctly is to print it as a picture

Kiki

Log Wizard
You mean they won't happen on Joeblow's home gaming PC because no one gives a shit, everyone is an Admin anyway, and there's not a whole lot to hide that you can't see already so who cares? But for locked down security appliances and vmhosts, it is potentially very lucrative. Being able to jump from a public webserver VM to a private file server VM or mine information from that VM without any networking linking the two is pretty huge, or even just breaking open some credit union's sonicwall or pfsense box to access banking records.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I am retarded and read.about it after I posted. I've fixed or otherwise patched a few bios changes (to go along with the ucode changes) and almost everyone so far would never happen outside a lab. But we need to fix them obviously.

• 1Solidarity