Desktop Computers

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I haven't purchased a computer in forever and tax returns just came in and I'm buying my son a new computer. I'm lazy and am grabbing a pre built from Ibuypower. Gonna list the components below. Would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to look it over and tell me what they think, what its missing, what might be wrong etc.

Operating System :: Windows 10 Home - (64-bit)
Case :: iBUYPOWER Element PRO Front and Side Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case
Case Fans :: Default Case Fan (Should I upgrade the fans or am I good with the liquid cooling?)
Processor :: Intel® Core™ i7-9700KF Processor (8x 3.60GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling :: iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black (Is this enough to keep it from any heating issues?)
Memory :: 16GB (8GB x 2) DDR4 3200MHz CORSAIR Vengeance LPX
Video Card :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6 - MSI VENTUS XS OC (VR-Ready) or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 - MSI VENTUS GP OC (VR-Ready)
Motherboard :: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING 4S-IB -- 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.2 Gen 1 (4 Rear, 4 Front), ASRock Super Alloy
Power Supply :: 750 Watt - Seasonic FOCUS PLUS SSR-750FM - 80 PLUS Gold, Semi Modular (Enough power?)
Primary Hard Drive :: 250 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
External Optical Drive :: None
Network Card :: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
INCLUDED ::WINDOWS 10 HOME INCLUDED
INCLUDED ::KB + MOUSE INCLUDED
INCLUDED ::WARRANTY INCLUDED
ADD FEATURES ::WI-FI (Hes not wired in. Do I need this considering the wifi shown under the motherboard?)
ADD FEATURES ::CLEAN PRO WIRING
ADD FEATURES ::RGB CASE LIGHTNING

SSD is kinda small if this is for gaming, also SATA 3, recommend 970 Evo 500GB. Amazon price difference between the two is less than $30.

Have you looked at a Dell G5? Dell G5 Gaming Desktop | Dell USA

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Soon as this is available I am swapping power supplies.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dom, would a ground loop isolator help you out? They're pretty cheap (I don't know your setup)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dom, would a ground loop isolator help you out? They're pretty cheap (I don't know your setup)

lulz
45a17f2372d1b1d1d2a08df27eac952d.png

oh shit thats the name of the item too, guess this is actually a technical term

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well it's a real thing for audio. I was gonna get one because my Scarlett had a crazy ground loop. I ended up fixing it by using a newer, better mic though.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Anyone have a number to someone within Logitech that isnt in an Indian call center. Someone higher up in the food chain. Its been 10 days of pure bullshit and I want free shit for wasting my time.

I will never buy another Logitech item for the rest of my life. Every tv has a sweet ass harmony remote, mices, meeces, mouses can all fuck off. New mouse broke before a year and shockingly a few million other people have the same exact problem. They changed to a shittier click switch.

Seems pretty 50/50 on if the mouse breaks, double clicking or not holding a click. I should have just thrown the thing in the trash and got some other brand but 10 months for 87 dollars fucking bugs me.

I hate shit like this. I have to call some fucking dude in order for them to do their fucking job.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Had the same thing with a G502 Hero, started out good then turned into a big piece of shit

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And this is exactly why I dont spend $100 on mice. Like $50 is my cutoff but usually buy 2 when they are around $35-$40 on sale. I tend to be pretty rough on my mice when gaming, clicking hard and often, so when shit breaks, I chuck it and have a new one on hand usually.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a number to someone within Logitech that isnt in an Indian call center. Someone higher up in the food chain. Its been 10 days of pure bullshit and I want free shit for wasting my time.

I will never buy another Logitech item for the rest of my life. Every tv has a sweet ass harmony remote, mices, meeces, mouses can all fuck off. New mouse broke before a year and shockingly a few million other people have the same exact problem. They changed to a shittier click switch.

Seems pretty 50/50 on if the mouse breaks, double clicking or not holding a click. I should have just thrown the thing in the trash and got some other brand but 10 months for 87 dollars fucking bugs me.

I hate shit like this. I have to call some fucking dude in order for them to do their fucking job.
Just go on their website and put in a ticket.

I've had 2 replaced in the past year.

It comes in 3 days and they don't even ask for the old one back.

All you need is the invoice and the serial. Definitely do not bother to call.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

I did this exact thing and it didnt work out, at all. I did everything normal and nothing worked. Thank you for not paying attention to my post and just talking without thinking.

Hurr fucking durr put in a ticket to dot head, "jhon", he will help.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Nothing is normal with companies like this, one person will get this and another will get this. Its all fucked

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I did this exact thing and it didnt work out, at all.
What was the response to your ticket on their website?

They'll ask you if you cleaned it, tried in a different computer, etc and then when you say yes, they ask you for your address and they send you a new one.

I've done this at least 6 times in the past 5 years.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
What was the response to your ticket on their website?

They'll ask you if you cleaned it, tried in a different computer, etc and then when you say yes, they ask you for your address and they send you a new one.

I've done this at least 6 times in the past 5 years.
Yeah, went through everything, just horrible service. I seriously expected it to be easy. It hasnt been.

Malkav

French Madman
To be fair, RMA and spare parts seems to be rather limited right now because of the coronavirus shit.

We've got a laptop with a dead USB port at work, and Lenovo usually sends someone to replace the motherboard in like 24 hours. Right now though? Nothing, they're putting off every support request because "they don't have the parts".

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Looks like the 48" OLED will drop to sub $1k around black Friday. Hard to justify buying an expensive monitor with this being an option

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Jumped down mists throat but nowhere in your post did you indicate you submitted a ticket online man

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Jumped down mists throat but nowhere in your post did you indicate you submitted a ticket online man

The online ticket is like the first thing any normal human would do after looking up reddit/google on wtf the problem is! I know its easy to pretty much guess that everyone is a total idiot but come on. I was a little heated because its just been so bad.

11 days ago, submit ticket. Full information of problem/tele/address/everything.
6 days ago - This is an automated reminder that we are waiting to hear back from you regarding your ticket.

I never received anything from them at all. So i resent all my information again and told them to call me.

5 days ago - call logi and talk to fake John, resend receipts. They tell me to destroy the mouse to an unusable condition.

Send pictures at the end of 5. From here the request will go through a final approval process which can take up to 72 hours for review.

Emailed them back at the end of 72 hours, nothing. Emailed back at 88 hours, nothing. Then I called again. Some other dude told me the guy that orignally had my ticket was gone for 2 days and thats why nothing was sent.

It is now on UPS ground and will arrive Tuesday. Two weeks for a mouse that will most likely break again and this will be the last logi device I ever get.

20200307_163429.jpg

Silly. Problems either dont happen or youll get screwed. Never again.i apologize Mist Mist

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
The online ticket is like the first thing any normal human would do after looking up reddit/google on wtf the problem is! I know its easy to pretty much guess that everyone is a total idiot but come on. I was a little heated because its just been so bad.

11 days ago, submit ticket. Full information of problem/tele/address/everything.
6 days ago - This is an automated reminder that we are waiting to hear back from you regarding your ticket.

I never received anything from them at all. So i resent all my information again and told them to call me.

5 days ago - call logi and talk to fake John, resend receipts. They tell me to destroy the mouse to an unusable condition.

Send pictures at the end of 5. From here the request will go through a final approval process which can take up to 72 hours for review.

Emailed them back at the end of 72 hours, nothing. Emailed back at 88 hours, nothing. Then I called again. Some other dude told me the guy that orignally had my ticket was gone for 2 days and thats why nothing was sent.

It is now on UPS ground and will arrive Tuesday. Two weeks for a mouse that will most likely break again and this will be the last logi device I ever get.

View attachment 253027

Silly. Problems either dont happen or youll get screwed. Never again.i apologize Mist Mist

giphy.gif

Dude, how much time did you spend doing that to the mouse?