Desktop Computers

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After working in a number of offices with "ergonomics experts" that literally come around and inspect your work station and give you tips and shit, I've learned that the chair is absolutely a vital part of your setup, but so is everything else. Monitor placement, your desk, etc is all part of what makes sitting at your desk comfortable.

Example, I'm tall at 6'6", but a lot of my height is in my torso and big head. 32" inseam. So I got this new Vertagear chair a while back and when I was fully reclined, my feet couldn't touch the ground. This was weird to me, I'd never had a chair that was like that, or couldn't get low enough to the ground in order for that to happen. That required me to get a foot rest, so I feel like a short bitch, but then that caused tailbone pain, as I always lean back in my chair fully. Got a chair pad for tail bones off Amazon, and now my setup is pretty comfortable for long hours.

Like most of us, we tinker, right? So our desk, and computers are always just a work in progress.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ordered the 3900x. Couldn't pass it up at $420
tenor.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not the chair thread, but I got it in. Heavy as absolute fuck, but went together easy and my back feels so much better. Plus I can recline it all the way if I want to sleep. 10/10. Got the PU leather instead of fabric. Not sure if that's a mistake, but I've been in a cloth chair for 15 years and I hate it. You read that right. I've had this chair for 15 years.

Assembly took about 30 minutes, they included every tool I needed, and everything lined up perfectly. I went with the Titan because I'm 6'3" and my head just barely peaks over the top of it. Memory foam pillow is actually very nice.

From this...

View attachment 261290

To this

View attachment 261291

The box was massive as fuck too

View attachment 261293
That PU leather will cracking and peeling within about 3 years

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
$400 and absolutely. It's built for bigger guys. I'm 6'3" and 230 pounds and think this supports up to 290?? They have a bigger one too

I have the biggest one and while its nice, its not as comfy as my $200 super comfy chair i bought 3 years back from officemax.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why? It's fine, arguably the best CPU, if all you want is to play games. If you can get one for 330ish its a good deal. Paying $140 more dollars

Buy cheaper RAM if you're going with CL16 memory, or if you're going to spend that much, get CL15 or CL14.

Last edited:

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
You're wrong, the i3-9350kf is the best gamer cpu. It has low latency. Anymore then 4 cores is only good for datacenters :smuggly:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How are the amd chipset/cpu drivers now’a days? Used to suck ballz back in the day, same for gfx.