Desktop Computers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Moar cores = betterer. 3900x also won't cause rolling brownouts in your city when you power it on like the 9900k will.

Make sure to get an x570 board so you have full use of the PCI-E slots and all the SATA ports if you populate the M2 slots with NVME drives.
That's what I'm thinking honestly. I'm an Intel fanboy, and the prices are close, but I also stream (to no one) so I think the AMD will be better.

Fucker

Log Wizard
That's what I'm thinking honestly. I'm an Intel fanboy, and the prices are close, but I also stream (to no one) so I think the AMD will be better.

I went from 4790K> Ryzen 2600> Ryzen 3700x. The 2600 was 6c/12t but was a side grade at best for a lot of things from a 4790k. My primary app was Photoshop. I take a lot of pics and squish them down for web portability and there wasn't a huge diff between CPU's because Photoshop is largely single core and some GPU thrown in. I play one video game...World of Tanks, and that can run on a toaster at 100FPS at 1440 heh. I put off upgrades because of that.

I loaded Affinity Photo and made a test folder of pics to compress to 80%. The latest version of Photoshop took 1 minute 10 something. Affinity did it in 16s, and with better quality. The 3700x is a beast. The 9900K would perform about the same.

With that in mind, I started doing video editing, and in that realm MOAR COARS = KING OF THE UNIVERSE. Given the same price point and IPC, why would you choose fewer cores?

I didn't get the 3900 because it was unavailable to me at launch.

Get moar cores. Be the man your grandfather always wanted you to be.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I went with Intel because I don't stream, I don't do video editing, and intel motherboards were dirt fucking cheap over the holiday season, even the high end ones, compared to similar AMD motherboards which are still quite expensive.

Right now though, Intel boards aren't as cheap as they were a few months ago.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Good to hear. I couldn't find any negative reviews at all

I have one, and am selling a nice Titan atm... all the fucking dorky writing all over it. Chair itself is great but the stitching is just completely unnecessary. Bought a Herman Miller Mirra II and happy with it

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I use the one on the front of my case once and awhile .... to charge my phone. Type C is pretty worthless when it comes to devices that's not a phone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not the chair thread, but I got it in. Heavy as absolute fuck, but went together easy and my back feels so much better. Plus I can recline it all the way if I want to sleep. 10/10. Got the PU leather instead of fabric. Not sure if that's a mistake, but I've been in a cloth chair for 15 years and I hate it. You read that right. I've had this chair for 15 years.

Assembly took about 30 minutes, they included every tool I needed, and everything lined up perfectly. I went with the Titan because I'm 6'3" and my head just barely peaks over the top of it. Memory foam pillow is actually very nice.

From this...

IMG_20200409_113502.jpg

To this

IMG_20200409_113438.jpg

The box was massive as fuck too

IMG_20200409_110208.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
a good chair is a vital computer component.

I got a vertgear on sale 2 years ago and i fucking love it. i had a metal wire/bar stick out on the seat and i thought i would have to send it back. Pushed it back in and no problems in the last 18 months.

Grats on your new ass cradle

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not the chair thread, but I got it in. Heavy as absolute fuck, but went together easy and my back feels so much better. Plus I can recline it all the way if I want to sleep. 10/10. Got the PU leather instead of fabric. Not sure if that's a mistake, but I've been in a cloth chair for 15 years and I hate it. You read that right. I've had this chair for 15 years.

Assembly took about 30 minutes, they included every tool I needed, and everything lined up perfectly. I went with the Titan because I'm 6'3" and my head just barely peaks over the top of it. Memory foam pillow is actually very nice.

From this...

View attachment 261290

To this

View attachment 261291

The box was massive as fuck too

View attachment 261293

Cost and is it worth said cost?