Desktop Computers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Would be interesting to know the specs on that thing. Hopefully it will be doing the calculations for DLSS 2.0 for Cyberpunk 2077 or something as worthy.

EDIT I was gonna do a hackintosh here soonish but the more I look around the more it is less than likely not soon.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to sound like an utter noob here but it's been a good 8 years since I last built a PC so how does on-board audio compare to back then? Am I safe to skip a sound card for a gaming rig?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think anyone buys sound cards anymore. On board is way better than it used to be but if you want improved audio most people use an USB audio interface, decent ones cost around $100. But you might not even need one if you buy a good enough headset, a lot of the new ones have some kind of usb pass-through that is like a mini soundcard.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
:( Missing the '3080 ti available on this date and at this price' that I was unrealistically expecting.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was a server/ai/watever reveal, not commercial card one. The server one was funny, he was like "the low price of $199,000". The 3080 probably wont have hbm2 though, leaks say gddr6.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally bought a monitor... got a 27" IPS

Friend upgraded and sold that to me for 1/3rd of what he paid, so pretty happy. I can also drive it from my work laptop so I'm thinking I might charge it back to work somehow/partially.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Have Ryzen 5, 2600 + rx570 I got last year.

Worth it to get a 1660 to go with it? Looking at the computer bottleneck thing that shows about the best pairing for what I have. 0.07% bottleneck.

Not going to big dick it like some of you guys with a 3080ti etc, so unsure if there is any reason to hold out for the new wave of cards. Maybe a slight price decrease?

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
You could wait for Big Navi vs RTX3000 gen, if you don't mind slumming it at 1080p 60hz for another year. Should be some big past due price cuts by then. As long as you don't witness 2k/4k at 120+ 'til you're ready to get spending, you might make it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You could wait for Big Navi vs RTX3000 gen, if you don't mind slumming it at 1080p 60hz for another year. Should be some big past due price cuts by then. As long as you don't witness 2k/4k at 120+ 'til you're ready to get spending, you might make it.

How far away from pricing reveals are we?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
no clue about AMD but the fact Nvidia didn't give a price/release for the RTX3000 during the GTC 2020 keynote says not soon to me.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Eh, no games I play even stress the rx570. Lol

Going to ride it out for a while longer.

Maybe.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Bummed about no word on the new nvidia cards today. I'm holding out hope the 3080ti comes out with cyberpunk but that's me wishing.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I personally think Cyber Punk 2077 will probably be the game that forces me to upgrade my own personal rig. Doesnt come out till September, so I've got plenty of time for the 2080's to come down in price, or.. if the 3000 gen comes out and I can see where it's as large an upgrade as the "leak" says, then I might spend the extra money. Sort of like Lacius, I rarely play games that push my current rig really far.

Couple unrelated questions:
Can you swap out the fans on the nh-u12a? I built Christina's PC from that last build we came up with on here, and then the neighbors came over at the beginning of the week for dinner and asked me a billion questions about that PC. Now.. He's paying me to build a PC for $80. I told him at least half a dozen times that I'm probably not the person to do it, but he insists. So he's picked out a part list, and that particular CPU Cooler he's adamant about, but does not want to go up to the black version. We're thinking that we can take those fans off the CPU cooler and replace them with these RGB Fans he has picked out - but neither of us know if thats even possible?

81JXXmBCaUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Secondly - is there an "bud" headphone w/ microphone option for the computer that'll allow me to use Discord, and still hear sound simultaneously? I want something less obvious at the office that is wireless. Ive looked into blue tooth options, but I'm not sure that it's even an option to have them play sound and use the mic at the same time while using Windows.