Desktop Computers

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Also, has anyone ever used one of these bungie's for wired mice? I had no idea something like this existed.

I use something similar. It's great if you're the type who wants a wired mouse but gets annoyed by cord snags and not having the slack you want.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just looked at this. Intel still better for gaming which is my 1st priority. But barely. Definitely a tossup decision for most I would assume.

Until a year later when all the shortcuts they took to eek out every last bit of performance from old-architecture result in fixes to security holes that nerf your performance

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Until a year later when all the shortcuts they took to eek out every last bit of performance from old-architecture result in fixes to security holes that nerf your performance
This. Even their fps edge in gaming, I simply dont get why anyone buys Intel still with their track record for the past 2 years of non stop vulnerabilities being discovered.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
This. Even their fps edge in gaming, I simply dont get why anyone buys Intel still with their track record for the past 2 years of non stop vulnerabilities being discovered.

AMD doesn't sell a CPU that doubles as a space heater.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Meh, now my second Asus monitor is flaking out and refuses to wake up with the computer completely. Used to be just that reorganizing of windows thing, now I have to physically unplug it and plug back in because it is totally unresponsive. So that's two Asus monitors that have crapped out. One was a Asus VH242H and the other a VE276Q, both have 2011 born on dates. Guess 8 years isn't a bad run.

Leaves me with only 1 monitor, my main gaming one the PG279Q, which sucks when I'm used to 3.

Need to comb back through this thread and see what to go with. Thinking about going with this main 27" for gaming and this time just one larger one for media/streaming. Will make my 3 monitor arm look strange though....

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Biggest struggle for me is going to be deciding on a monitor when I do rebuild. I currently have one of the first 29" LG Ultrawide's. In theory I think I'd like a curved 29-32" monitor, but I don't know? Is ultra-wide better for gaming? It's been so long it's all I really know for now. I know a lot of the gaming oriented stuff, like that badass LG monitor, is 24-27". Not sure if the extra screen space is worth a bit less performance and harder coverage of peripherals when playing FPS'.

All I know for sure is that I'm dying to get a 144hz. This 60hz shit fucking sucks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2020 was supposed to be the update year where it forced TV+Monitor manufacturers to put out new next-gen models. That's changed due to the pandemic so i don't even want to look at monitors til 2021 and given how fast Samsung pivoted to quantom dot for TVs it might be 2022 or later before they get flushed out.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
144 really does make a difference. I have friends that game on ultrawides and they love it, but in the same breathe they lament how tons of game UI's don't scale well. Case in point, borederlands 3 was nearly unplayable for them because of UI scaling and boundry issues. Nothing fit on the screen properly and they couldn't see menu headers or minimap.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
144 really does make a difference. I have friends that game on ultrawides and they love it, but in the same breathe they lament how tons of game UI's don't scale well. Case in point, borederlands 3 was nearly unplayable for them because of UI scaling and boundry issues. Nothing fit on the screen properly and they couldn't see menu headers or minimap.

Weird i havent had an issue with BL3 on my 1440p monitor.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can someone explain this to me? Warning I get on pcpartpicker when I check certain PSUs.

"The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the XXX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

So I need to be sure any psu I get has the the extra ATX connector?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Biggest struggle for me is going to be deciding on a monitor when I do rebuild. I currently have one of the first 29" LG Ultrawide's. In theory I think I'd like a curved 29-32" monitor, but I don't know? Is ultra-wide better for gaming? It's been so long it's all I really know for now. I know a lot of the gaming oriented stuff, like that badass LG monitor, is 24-27". Not sure if the extra screen space is worth a bit less performance and harder coverage of peripherals when playing FPS'.

All I know for sure is that I'm dying to get a 144hz. This 60hz shit fucking sucks.

Curved monitors are curved because it makes up for the deficiencies of VA panels. Its used in marketing to make people think its a feature.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can someone explain this to me? Warning I get on pcpartpicker when I check certain PSUs.

"The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the XXX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

So I need to be sure any psu I get has the the extra ATX connector?
Only if you want to OC. If you don't OC you don't need it. It's just an extra connection to provide higher current draw

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
3900x under 390 at microcenter and 3950x under 700. Guess it’s time to upgrade the gf from the 2700x. I was going to slide her my 9900k but the prices are dam good at the moment.