Desktop Computers

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm the Lian Li Odyssey X looks pretty sweet, i may swap that in place of the p3 for my winter build.

You got me to look to see if there had been any updates since start of the year. Guess they did a release of a bunch of updates. I'm pretty interested in the unifan. The Odyssey X is an interesting design, but I don't know that I can justify the cost in the case when I have an O11 XL. I'm just not sure I believe in the design. I don't really like how the side panel is split, I feel like it's bad for airflow, is too big a potential source for letting noise out and dust in, and looks kind of stupid. I'm super behind an extremely customizable case as far as how you orient things, but I think the price tag and side panel are too cute for this to be worth it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
lol, slippery slippery I was just about to post the unifan in your thread.
Yeah, it's exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for. I wish the LED was on the inside of the fan vs the way it is on top, but I still might switch to them next build. The save in wiring hassle is totally worth the money

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You got me to look to see if there had been any updates since start of the year. Guess they did a release of a bunch of updates. I'm pretty interested in the unifan. The Odyssey X is an interesting design, but I don't know that I can justify the cost in the case when I have an O11 XL. I'm just not sure I believe in the design. I don't really like how the side panel is split, I feel like it's bad for airflow, is too big a potential source for letting noise out and dust in, and looks kind of stupid. I'm super behind an extremely customizable case as far as how you orient things, but I think the price tag and side panel are too cute for this to be worth it.

Well one variation has the open split while the other has it closed. I will decide for sure when it comes out but in either case im sure airflow will be better than my azza cube for sure.

Also the unifan is nice, kinda reminds me of the cooler master masterfan series -

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Well one variation has the open split while the other has it closed. I will decide for sure when it comes out but in either case im sure airflow will be better than my azza cube for sure.

Also the unifan is nice, kinda reminds me of the cooler master masterfan series -
Even the closed option looks like it leaves a gap to me

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Even the closed option looks like it leaves a gap to me

1593971761069.png

?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guys, making a budget-midrange PC, and am debating between going the Ryzen 5 3400G vs the 3600X.

About $100CAD difference between the two. I don't need the onboard video card of the 3400 (Getting a Super 1650OC to go with the new box), just wondering if i'll notice that much of a difference going up to the 3600 processor.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
3400G shouldn't be a consideration for gaming. If a 3600 somehow isn't cheap enough there's the 3300x.

• 1Truth!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
3100x or 3300x? 3400G is meh if you have your own gpu - what site are you using and getting prices from?

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in Canada so the options are pretty limited, I use Memory Express which is pretty well known in Canadian markets.

Called them and upgraded to the 3600X in any case. Hopefully the GPU is up to the task.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was looking around for an AIO to get the fan sound down in my build. Everything is RGB that they charge extra for. Finally stumbled upon Arctic Liquid Freezer II which seems to have nice reviews about it. Almost half the price and no Unicorn Vomit lights. Anyone used these AIOs?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Was looking around for an AIO to get the fan sound down in my build. Everything is RGB that they charge extra for. Finally stumbled upon Arctic Liquid Freezer II which seems to have nice reviews about it. Almost half the price and no Unicorn Vomit lights. Anyone used these AIOs?
Corsair has non faggy AIO doesn’t it? Check their hydro series.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Corsair has non faggy AIO doesn’t it? Check their hydro series.
The X model seems to lack the RGB, thought Corsair had gone all in with the disco lighting.

So either Arctic Liquid Freezer II or Corsair H100X. Both around the same price.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys, making a budget-midrange PC, and am debating between going the Ryzen 5 3400G vs the 3600X.

About $100CAD difference between the two. I don't need the onboard video card of the 3400 (Getting a Super 1650OC to go with the new box), just wondering if i'll notice that much of a difference going up to the 3600 processor.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Intel can be worth considering in this price range if your main usage is gaming. i5 9400F has an excellent price/performance ratio for games. Built one in january and it's been solid. I found the intel mainboards to be cheaper than the AMD ones at the time too.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
9400F is a locked processor, so no oc, if you don't get a more expensive z series motherboard you're stuck at 2666MHz ram, which will get you relatively poor performance in games. 9400F currently costs $18 less than a R5 3600, and has nothing else going for it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anyone else have issues lately with streams on a second monitor stalling/freezing while playing a game? The audio continues but the video freezes or skips frames for extended periods. It's only been happening for the past 2 weeks or so.

Edit: Seems like it was that new GPU scheduling setting that was causing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Anyone else have issues lately with streams on a second monitor stalling/freezing while playing a game? The audio continues but the video freezes or skips frames for extended periods. It's only been happening for the past 2 weeks or so.

Edit: Seems like it was that new GPU scheduling setting that was causing it.

It's not only been doing it to streams but my game on main game monitor too. Currently have a stream open while playing diablo 3 and i'll notice weird game stutters.

Edit: found the option. Was already off, but still getting the odd stutters.

• 1Dislike

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Month 7 and still waiting on more info on x670 and new tech. I know human malware is out but even the new console dates and prices aren’t out this close to supposed release.