Desktop Computers

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So have I just not noticed them much before, or are 31-32 inch monitors becoming a new segment of the market or something? Seem to be seeing more and more of them lately.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So have I just not noticed them much before, or are 31-32 inch monitors becoming a new segment of the market or something? Seem to be seeing more and more of them lately.
It's mostly a VA panel thing. It's probably due to lower yields with 27" for VA tech which drives up the panel cost and so companies choose to source the 32" instead.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The more and more i think about water cooling the more i think about how annoying it will be since i tend to change parts frequently throughout a year. I've watched a few builds being done and it just seems like work. Diagnosing a component also looks like it would be a chore as well.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You should work in the automobile industry, Xexx Xexx

My brother does lol - i took a different path, i just like to fiddle with things, and as soon as theyre done i want to get rid of them and start on something else. If it wasnt for new Ryzen coming out i would have built up a 3950x. However with new shit on the horizon i cant bring myself too.

I also kind of want this too, but i was reading its best used with TR of which i do not want to do. I need to research a bit more before cpu/gpu releases to determine still.

Just buy a Noctua or a Be Quiet air cooler. You won't be disappointed.

I had the black version of the Noctua but i swapped that for the Deep Cool Castle 240? something like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The more and more i think about water cooling the more i think about how annoying it will be since i tend to change parts frequently throughout a year. I've watched a few builds being done and it just seems like work. Diagnosing a component also looks like it would be a chore as well.
I've never understood the appeal of water cooling a PC. Especially today with how far we've come with cases and air cooling. Given the failure rate of the liquid cooling systems, you're really just creating additional work and stress for yourself.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I force myself to like Superman and The Witcher a lot more than I should because he's pretty cool

You should DM him maybe his next post could be a video of you sucking his dick, fag.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've never understood the appeal of water cooling a PC. Especially today with how far we've come with cases and air cooling. Given the failure rate of the liquid cooling systems, you're really just creating additional work and stress for yourself.

But it looks so cool! I mean no one will ever see it after it’s done outside of photos, and I’ll not look at it when I am gaming. Not to mention that upgrading and tweaking and diagnosing will be a mission....why do I want to do this again ? 😂

Anyways after I added my last bit of RGB to current rig I deemed it done and time to sell it. A week later I bought lian li strimer plus 24pin and 8 pin of which I haven’t added to it just yet but I will Monday.

50CE5A83-8078-4A3D-ADEB-5CE3F844527B.jpeg

F9538A07-D7BE-48BB-B6C0-3E5CBF47B9A1.jpeg

8D53C172-F53B-40F8-8100-9F269EDB742E.jpeg

F85DBDC2-ADC4-42DD-B355-A07565D33CF3.jpeg

D5459B09-C3E1-490E-AC87-3680DA7B94B5.jpeg

I ran out of other things to do with it, so i turned to RGB - the same happened to the womans PC as after i redo the cable management on it and swap to SFX PSU so i can get better cabling in i will have nothing else to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I don’t understand the point. Air cooling has always worked for me and there’s basically no risk, unlike water.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've never water cooled a pc. I assumed they were a build and don't fuck with it for a while till it's time for a major upgrade. I guess some people that's their main hobby doing water cooling.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck the haters, it's not hard, it looks cool, and the temps are amazing. You're just getting in your head about the work, you'll enjoy it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Fuck the haters, it's not hard, it looks cool, and the temps are amazing. You're just getting in your head about the work, you'll enjoy it.

Well that is exactly it - i worry about disconnecting the gpu to do any fiddling or diagnosing and water going all over the place and 4k in pc parts going up in a blaze of glory! Generally speaking i will open my desktop up a few times a month for some reason or another if i still feel there is something i can tweak or add to it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just make sure you include a drain port with a ball valve or whatever they call it, so that you can easily drain and you'll be fine. Honestly I think you'll enjoy the process

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Question - how will it affect power consumption? ATM i have an 850w plat PSU, but i read the new 3000 cards will use upwards of 300w alone. That plus the RGB to increase my fps, and cpu etc, will it get to the point where i will need a 1000w psu? Not to mention im rather bothered by the mention of 12pin connector coming into play as is.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Swapped out my stock cooler on the 3700x today for the Arctic Liquid Freezer II. It's really quiet in comparison and dropped temp spikes from 84C down to 74C with normal load temp at around 59C.

The stock cooler went up to 3700rpm or something and sounded like a jet turbine.

Added bonus, no RGB that jacks up the price.

Are those back in stock? I was looking to get one but they have been sold out for months. Pretty much ever since Gamer's Nexus reviewed it so well.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Question - how will it affect power consumption? ATM i have an 850w plat PSU, but i read the new 3000 cards will use upwards of 300w alone. That plus the RGB to increase my fps, and cpu etc, will it get to the point where i will need a 1000w psu? Not to mention im rather bothered by the mention of 12pin connector coming into play as is.
You'll be fine. It's probably under 25w unless you do some really insane shit. You have to consider you're probably not even using 500w right now

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are those back in stock? I was looking to get one but they have been sold out for months. Pretty much ever since Gamer's Nexus reviewed it so well.

They’re in stock on newegg and amazon right now.

Edit: I should add the 1 and 3 fan versions are.

Last edited: