Desktop Computers

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The store where I got the bad Motherboard contacted me today and they had tested it, no errors on their end. They did use an older cpu than 3700x though when they tested it so maybe it just wasnt compatible with either the CPU or the Corsair LPX DDR sticks. I got my money back though so I dont really care either way. But I did learn to not buy older generation motherboards in the future.

The B550 came in stock on friday and now they are all gone again, seems to be high demand on them right now.

The B550m Steel Legend I'm using now is working perfectly so I'm happy how it turned out in the end.

Everything fitting snug in the mATX case.

20200721_155056.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The software thread may be more appropriate place for this question but ima do it anyways. Anyone have a software recommendation to monitor cpu temp?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My little brother walked into Microcenter in Denver this weekend and picked this up - he flipped it on Ebay today for $2600. People are honestly complete imbeciles, I'd assume by years end you could grab a card twice as good for less money....
RenderedImage.jpeg

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The software thread may be more appropriate place for this question but ima do it anyways. Anyone have a software recommendation to monitor cpu temp?
I use Openhardware and also the AMD Ryzen Master

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
HWiNFO64 is way more robust than anything else I've seen, overclockers and tech people all seem to use it. CPU temp is down in there. You can make it display what sensors you're interested in a small graph.

theinfotheinfos.jpg

• 1Mother of God

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's looking very possible that AMD has it's Zen 4 5nm processors on the market before Intel goes to market with 10nm. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but this is getting humiliating for Intel.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's looking very possible that AMD has it's Zen 4 5nm processors on the market before Intel goes to market with 10nm. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but this is getting humiliating for Intel.
Any delay by Intel means that AMD can and probably will delay anything they have though. No incentive to release a better product if your competition is publicly shooting itself in both of its feet.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Any delay by Intel means that AMD can and probably will delay anything they have though. No incentive to release a better product if your competition is publicly shooting itself in both of its feet.
Eh, Intel still beats AMD in gaming benchmarks, and still controls most of the market share. I don't think they should be letting off the gas.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Their foot has been off the gas for years. They're slumped over the wheel, comatose. They're just coasting at this point.

• 1Worf