Desktop Computers

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are those back in stock? I was looking to get one but they have been sold out for months. Pretty much ever since Gamer's Nexus reviewed it so well.
Seem to be in stock in europaland at least. I got the 240 model due to my Fractal Design Mini C case. Fit perfect at the front in that case.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
A Dual radiator loop still seems kinda $$ - Since i plan to move back down to northern FL or AZ which has some crazy summers, id want as good cooling as possible. That is unless AZ has basements, i know most houses in FL do not. I enjoy the benefit of having a fully finished basement up here that is always cool, but i also remember my summers in Miami when playing WoW or EQ2 would turn my room into a sauna.

If worse comes to it i will use that corsair config and dump 1k into it and letting microcenter assemble it. Atleast maintaining it is a bit less daunting.

Tho i will still likely aim for a dual setup.

Good video, perhaps i need to ponder on AMD over Nvidia, but AMD drivers always suspect.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We’re probably all GN subs or at least get side alerts at new videos, but I somehow missed this one and it is my favorite series they do. They roast NZXT pretty well and deservedly so.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A Dual radiator loop still seems kinda $$ - Since i plan to move back down to northern FL or AZ which has some crazy summers, id want as good cooling as possible. That is unless AZ has basements, i know most houses in FL do not. I enjoy the benefit of having a fully finished basement up here that is always cool, but i also remember my summers in Miami when playing WoW or EQ2 would turn my room into a sauna.

If worse comes to it i will use that corsair config and dump 1k into it and letting microcenter assemble it. Atleast maintaining it is a bit less daunting.

Tho i will still likely aim for a dual setup.

Good video, perhaps i need to ponder on AMD over Nvidia, but AMD drivers always suspect.

If we are talking hundreds less...I will swap. Seems that AMD has mostly fixed their driver issues. I never care about consumption, and the like, but that 400w and 12 pin connector rumor will also turn me off. I REALLY don't feel like swapping out my power supply.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shits here.

5D25BFB9-235E-4405-9322-0A61A59569EF.jpeg

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It lives!

Also, while I’m waiting on things to download, install, etc. I am watching The Witcher. It’s like I’m living out some gay ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Cavill fantasy. It’s awesome.

Also, the RGB shit is pretty cool, I was envisioning the LEDs from ten years ago and wondering why people would care about it. It’s not something I’d want in my face all the time but I see the appeal now.

4DDBF9F4-1EE2-4FBF-92B7-B4280B48B932.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really need to take apart my computer and do some tinkering but I've just been so fucking tired from working way too much. I need to remember to do some measuring and get some custom cablemod cables too. I'm thinking a dark purple and black. Anyone have any thoughts on something like that and a pattern that would look good?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Come to the otherside, rgb disco the fuck out of it :D
I'm gonna do this probably around Black Friday when hopefully we have some more information from amd and nvidia on their new stuff. I'm sure I'll be posting in here to get the most rgb possible! 😂

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm gonna do this probably around Black Friday when hopefully we have some more information from amd and nvidia on their new stuff. I'm sure I'll be posting in here to get the most rgb possible! 😂

yep rgb can be costly but rgb strips are not!

Aazrael

It lives!

Also, while I’m waiting on things to download, install, etc. I am watching The Witcher. It’s like I’m living out some gay ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Cavill fantasy. It’s awesome.

Also, the RGB shit is pretty cool, I was envisioning the LEDs from ten years ago and wondering why people would care about it. It’s not something I’d want in my face all the time but I see the appeal now.

View attachment 286920
Are you sure you put the ram in the correct slots? They usally go into slot 2 and 4. But depends o the motherboard also. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are you sure you put the ram in the correct slots? They usally go into slot 2 and 4. But depends o the motherboard also. :)

No not really. It said if I wanted to set up dual channel mode to use 2 and 4, otherwise use 1 & 2. Since I have no idea wtf dual channel mode is I went for 1 & 2.

How would I figure out if it’s fucked up or not?

Aazrael

No not really. It said if I wanted to set up dual channel mode to use 2 and 4, otherwise use 1 & 2. Since I have no idea wtf dual channel mode is I went for 1 & 2.

Use 2 and 4 if you have 2 sticks. Usally bette performance then. But im no expert. Just 99% of what I've seen they put them in 2 and 4.

Also remember XMP on in bios. Almost forgot that myself.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Use 2 and 4 if you have 2 sticks. Usally bette performance then. But im no expert. Just 99% of what I've seen they put them in 2 and 4.

Welp I’m sold, I’ll swap it next time I reboot

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Rule if thumb is the slots farthest from the CPU while still skipping a slot between each. A lot of motherboards color code then too

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
DDR5 does through a bit of a wrench in my plans, 5th gen Ryzen will supposedly support it. Perhaps i will skip this gen all together and just upgrade video and do cpu/mobo in 2022.

Or i will do it this year and give it to gf later to justify my desire to build again :D

Actually that make sense i dont have any PCs over 2 years old anyways.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I really need to take apart my computer and do some tinkering but I've just been so fucking tired from working way too much. I need to remember to do some measuring and get some custom cablemod cables too. I'm thinking a dark purple and black. Anyone have any thoughts on something like that and a pattern that would look good?

I went black and red. I also went with these cables:

IMG_20200721_092048.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I went black and red. I also went with these cables:

My intent isn't to do extensions/sleeves but actual custom cables to approximate length. It's always irked me how much extra cable there is, getting them the right length should cut down on a lot of clutter their I feel

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My intent isn't to do extensions/sleeves but actual custom cables to approximate length. It's always irked me how much extra cable there is, getting them the right length should cut down on a lot of clutter their I feel

Yep. And those I linked are looooooong. I could barely get the extra stuffed in the back of the case!