Desktop Computers

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Honestly this is getting really fucking retarded. You dipshits need to stop buying nVidias bullshit $1500 GPUs otherwise the 4080ti going to retail for $3k.

Me when I see a Nvidia 1500 dollar GPU.

giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck those prices. When does the $4-500 card come out? Hopefully at the same time as all those stupid high priced cards?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I see it this way. Resolutions aren't going up. The ultra wide-screen that I want (Samsung G9) will probably be 90+ FPS with a 3080 @5120x1440. I'm probably done with graphics cards for at least 4 years. And monitors till the G9 dies. I'm OK with spending the loot knowing I'm done for years.

I want it to but its on recall - any word on a re-release?

best price for this monitor, but QLED has legit brightness.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got my 34'' AOC today. I really like the super wide more than 2 x 24'' for sure. Will take a bit to get used to but gaming on it felt great. I do however need them to fkn release the new GPUs soon as my 1070 GTX did not really like the new screen and the frames dipped quite a lot, at least if I run 1440p. Well I get 60+ fps on the games I play besides HZD which dropped down to 40 fps at 1440p.

Any good suggestions on software to make "zones"? So I can quickly setup 2 programs side by side and not have to fiddle with the size of them every time.

edit: Found out Win10 had that feature allready. Drag program to the right/left.
Did you have any issues with 60hz vs 144hz? When I set the monitor to 144hz in the nVidia Control Panel, I'll start to get long black flickers. But this goes away if I set it back to 60hz? Not sure what's up. I google, and plenty of people have the issue with different monitors, but not this one in particular that Google could find. Still trying to find a post or something that had a resolution versus just people trying different cables.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you have any issues with 60hz vs 144hz? When I set the monitor to 144hz in the nVidia Control Panel, I'll start to get long black flickers. But this goes away if I set it back to 60hz? Not sure what's up. I google, and plenty of people have the issue with different monitors, but not this one in particular that Google could find. Still trying to find a post or something that had a resolution versus just people trying different cables.
I got maybe one such flicker when i ran HZD benchmark, but not while playing.

Crone

I got maybe one such flicker when i ran HZD benchmark, but not while playing.
Did you have to set anything on the monitor in the on screen display settings? There's like an Overdrive setting, etc under Game Settings.

Aazrael

Did you have to set anything on the monitor in the on screen display settings? There's like an Overdrive setting, etc under Game Settings.
Yea I set overdrive to medium I think. As recommended by some youtuber. Other than that I just touched brightness to max.

Crone

Yea I set overdrive to medium I think. As recommended by some youtuber. Other than that I just touched brightness to max.
You're running a nVidia card as well. Did you try and enable G-sync in the nVidia control panel? I think I've narrowed down my problem to that. With it enabled, it gives issues, which is expected since it's not a fully tested display from nVidia. They make no guarantees.

Sorry for all the questions, appreciate the feedback.

Aazrael

You're running a nVidia card as well. Did you try and enable G-sync in the nVidia control panel? I think I've narrowed down my problem to that. With it enabled, it gives issues, which is expected since it's not a fully tested display from nVidia. They make no guarantees.

Sorry for all the questions, appreciate the feedback.
Yea I enabled G sync as well. But I don't know what it even does as this is my first monitor to "unofficially" support it. I thinknI read about the black flickers due to low fps but I'm not sure.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I'm sure you tried this, but go to an earlier driver. If you have a 1080ti there was an issue with one set of drivers and flickering. They did fix that though. What do you get with the different over drive settings?

Other things since you guys are discussing Gsync:

You want is to set your max frame rates to 3 FPS lower than the refresh of the monitor. My 120Hz monitor is maxxed at 117 FPS in the control panel.
Vsync ON
Triple buffering OFF
Try and play full screen in games

Full guide I used.

• 1Like

Crone

I'm sure you tried this, but go to an earlier driver. If you have a 1080ti there was an issue with one set of drivers and flickering. They did fix that though. What do you get with the different over drive settings?

Other things since you guys are discussing Gsync:

You want is to set your max frame rates to 3 FPS lower than the refresh of the monitor. My 120Hz monitor is maxxed at 117 FPS in the control panel.
Vsync ON
Triple buffering OFF
Try and play full screen in games

Full guide I used.

I'm on the latest drivers from nVidia but I'll research what set of drivers that was for 1080Ti, and make sure I'm not on them.

Played around with the Overdrive settings on the monitor and caused it to flicker so bad it was nearly impossible to set it back. Had a raging headache by the time I was able to set it back from all the flickers where I'd see the screen for only an instant. Lol

When set to 60hz I get no problems at all. Haven't tried setting it to 100 or 120hz. Maybe that'll make a difference.

Edit: So it seems up to 120hz is stable, without any black screen flicker. I looked up a video of "flicker" and I haven't seen that, but mine is the screen straight turns black and at one point, it even came up that it had lost signal. Kinda crazy. I'm gonna keep it at 120hz, and be happy with that!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I'm on the latest drivers from nVidia but I'll research what set of drivers that was for 1080Ti, and make sure I'm not on them.

Played around with the Overdrive settings on the monitor and caused it to flicker so bad it was nearly impossible to set it back. Had a raging headache by the time I was able to set it back from all the flickers where I'd see the screen for only an instant. Lol

When set to 60hz I get no problems at all. Haven't tried setting it to 100 or 120hz. Maybe that'll make a difference.

Edit: So it seems up to 120hz is stable, without any black screen flicker. I looked up a video of "flicker" and I haven't seen that, but mine is the screen straight turns black and at one point, it even came up that it had lost signal. Kinda crazy. I'm gonna keep it at 120hz, and be happy with that!
The only black screen issues I got was when I played Horizon zero dawn. 3 or 4 times in the period of 8hours the screen went black for a second then back to normal. I can see some flickering on loading screens though.

Crone

The only black screen issues I got was when I played Horizon zero dawn. 3 or 4 times in the period of 8hours the screen went black for a second then back to normal. I can see some flickering on loading screens though.
That black screen is what I get constantly, over and over, if I set the screen to 144hz in nVidia control panel. 120hz and I've gotten one, in multiple hours of gaming, so I imagine similar to your stats. My display just doesn't like 144hz for some reason. :(

Aazrael

That black screen is what I get constantly, over and over, if I set the screen to 144hz in nVidia control panel. 120hz and I've gotten one, in multiple hours of gaming, so I imagine similar to your stats. My display just doesn't like 144hz for some reason. :(
I found this link when I googled it today, not tried it myself but might be worth checking. Click here for link

1. Make sure freesync is set to ON in your monitor's onboard controls
2. Right click on the desktop and go to the Nvidia control panel
3. Set up gsync in "Set Up G-Sync"
4. Select Manage 3D settings.
5. Change "Monitor Technology" to Fixed Refresh
6. Select the "Program Settings" tab within manage 3D settings
7. Select the game you want to run
8. Change Monitor Technology to G-sync
9. Do this for every game you want to play with G-sync

Last edited:

Crone

I found this link when I googled it today, not tried it myself but might be worth checking. Click here for link

1. Make sure freesync is set to ON in your monitor's onboard controls
2. Right click on the desktop and go to the Nvidia control panel
3. Set up gsync in "Set Up G-Sync"
4. Select Manage 3D settings.
5. Change "Monitor Technology" to Fixed Refresh
6. Select the "Program Settings" tab within manage 3D settings
7. Select the game you want to run
8. Change Monitor Technology to G-sync
9. Do this for every game you want to play with G-sync
Saw that actually last night as well when I thought about searching Amazon reviews. This did not allow me to go to 144hz, but the couple times it went black in games for me at 120hz seems to be fixed, so I think it worked for that. Appreciate the help.

@Dom And Dom, more than likely right? it would make sense. I'm happy at 120hz, as I don't play FPS, but I thought it odd that this isn't some, "maybe you win the panel lottery and can boost it to 144hz" , it's straight up on the box as a 144hz monitor. Lol

• 1Like

Aazrael

Saw that actually last night as well when I thought about searching Amazon reviews. This did not allow me to go to 144hz, but the couple times it went black in games for me at 120hz seems to be fixed, so I think it worked for that. Appreciate the help.

@Dom And Dom, more than likely right? it would make sense. I'm happy at 120hz, as I don't play FPS, but I thought it odd that this isn't some, "maybe you win the panel lottery and can boost it to 144hz" , it's straight up on the box as a 144hz monitor. Lol
Maybe it is a GPU issue as well. The ones I saw had that issue had 1080ti's. But I have no clue. 144hz works fine for me with the 1070. Hopefully the new GPU will work fine as well when I upgrade later this year