Desktop Computers

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You can get a windows key a lot cheaper on reddit. Doubt it's worth the effort though since it's not your money.
one of my ebay win10 keys was acting the fool

it's mostly my fault, i full upgraded the htpc and just swapped in the old ssd (it was a 1month new reinstall), then i cloned the ssd to a nvme and of course the windows key is wonky, just went and bought another ebay key for 5bucks and issues over.

i don't know about reddit keys but i've bought a few keys on ebay and had zero issues for years (ebay is instant delivery).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it possible to build something above average for around $1,000 these days (Excluding video card and power supply)? I haven’t upgraded in like 6 years other than hand me down video cards from my dad who upgrades every other year.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Is it possible to build something above average for around $1,000 these days (Excluding video card and power supply)? I haven’t upgraded in like 6 years other than hand me down video cards from my dad who upgrades every other year.

yes

Ryzen 3600, Nvidia 2060, 16GB ram, 500gb nvme, 4tb spinning drive, case, power. $1k. PCpartspicker.com

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Oh, excluding video and PSU saves $400 that you can put into a Ryzen or Intel 8 core part.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
OS SSD started shitting its bits all over the place. :(
Ordered a new one. Came in a day early. :)
It's not an upgrade. :(
The warranty replacement will go in my laptop. :)
SSD was under the gpu. :(
Air cleaner that I keep next to the desk and under the PC has kept the PC nearly dust free. :)

Weird failure. Writes were fine; reads were in the toilet. 40 MB/s at times. :eek:
Yeah, I'm trying to prevent my 3090 from cooking my m2. I'm going to put this fucker on it and I put a couple of PCI slot exhaust fans below the GPU.

1603172272521.png

That thing looks so badass there's no way it won't work .... um, right !? lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, was going to go down that path but had the money and wife capital to get the Odyssey G9 and one came into stock at the right time.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have 43" at work with two 24" vertical on either side. It's jarring at first but then I kind of like it... when we started WFH I missed it but have gotten used to dual 24" again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

A new 5K2K Ultrawide IPS Panel in 40″ Size​

An interesting new panel size/format has appeared in their plans as well. The LM400RW1-SSA1 is expected to go in to production in Q1 2021 and will offer a 40″ sized IPS panel. It has a 5120 x 2160 resolution which is an ultrawide format close to 21:9 aspect ratio. This panel would be curved with a 2500R and offers 1000:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness and 98% DCI-P3 specs so far.

40" seems perfect so am going to wait for more info on this guy before thinking of buying anything right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
40" seems perfect so am going to wait for more info on this guy before thinking of buying anything right now.

Well shit, that is the perfect size. Man I don't want to wait until spring for a new monitor though...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so my htpc that i build on prime day is just basic ryzen5, i slapped on a bequiet 4 on it, runs cool.

my main/work pc is an old fx8320, lightly oc'd (it's a work pc so of course stability is more important), it's been running a corsair h100 for years also, so i decided i want to do away w/ it and put another bequiet 4 on it.

maybe cuz the thermal paste is old (radiator is cleanish) or cuz i also used thermal grizzly kryo on it, but it dropped cpu temp by 20c, while running at 33% fan speed w/ speedfan.

i did a half day test and just turned off all the fans, (except psu) and it stayed at 43c

why i chose the bequiet 4 vs noctua d15? quieter fans and honestly it looks better, but from this point on, no more aio's for me

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
so my htpc that i build on prime day is just basic ryzen5, i slapped on a bequiet 4 on it, runs cool.

my main/work pc is an old fx8320, lightly oc'd (it's a work pc so of course stability is more important), it's been running a corsair h100 for years also, so i decided i want to do away w/ it and put another bequiet 4 on it.

maybe cuz the thermal paste is old (radiator is cleanish) or cuz i also used thermal grizzly kryo on it, but it dropped cpu temp by 20c, while running at 33% fan speed w/ speedfan.

i did a half day test and just turned off all the fans, (except psu) and it stayed at 43c

why i chose the bequiet 4 vs noctua d15? quieter fans and honestly it looks better, but from this point on, no more aio's for me
Yeah, I kind of did a similar test a few years ago and got similar results vs what might have been an h110. That said though, I did drop like 20c from that with a custom loop.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Bothered by them lowering Gsync ultimate to allow HDR600 in when before it was for HDR1000 - its almost pure marketing for AW38 inch even tho its no better than the 38GN - the module hoopla is rubbish - give me 38 oled mfers!

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bothered by them lowering Gsync ultimate to allow HDR600 in when before it was for HDR1000 - its almost pure marketing for AW38 inch even tho its no better than the 38GN - the module hoopla is rubbish - give me 38 oled mfers!
I disagree, hardware GSNYC module is definitely something I miss between my old monitor and this LG 27GL83A, especially not having ULMB.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I disagree, hardware GSNYC module is definitely something I miss between my old monitor and this LG 27GL83A, especially not having ULMB.

Ive had all 3 - PG35VQ, X35, 38GN, 27GL950, in the end the difference between them all outside of the hz difference is so negligible that youre just paying for the name.