Desktop Computers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I really wish Nvidia would stop moving around settings in the Control Panel, I thought my stuff was setup to go but apparently they moved the refresh rate with one of the latest updates and I've been rocking a bush league 60hz for the better part of a year.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Went from the 11.6 down to the 8.9 and fits like a glove. Distro plate here on Thursday so can try not to ruin everything on the weekend. Tho I imagine i will have to do all runs runs or most of them next month when EK finally releases 3090FE blocks.

4101D696-DD30-4BBB-A9C4-CF1D3651098F.jpeg

Also from that Linus video some time ago

I wonder if we will see an AMD equivalent since EK's is joint w/ Intel and likely EKWB isnt allowed to make one supporting AMD

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I've been reading up on that. My mobo is daisy chain topology, so I'm looking at grabbing this 2x16. It's cheaper than most 4x8s anyway.

That's the exact memory kit i just bought. I must be looking in the wrong place as i can't find the answer, do you know if this is dual rank?

edit: just found the answer, they are indeed dual rank SK Hynix chips.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Went from the 11.6 down to the 8.9 and fits like a glove. Distro plate here on Thursday so can try not to ruin everything on the weekend. Tho I imagine i will have to do all runs runs or most of them next month when EK finally releases 3090FE blocks.

I wonder if we will see an AMD equivalent since EK's is joint w/ Intel and likely EKWB isnt allowed to make one supporting AMD
Hit me with that Ryzen version

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Whats the word on the new AMD processors? Will they go the way of Nvidia with zero stock and scalping? In no hurry to buy one though.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Whats the word on the new AMD processors? Will they go the way of Nvidia with zero stock and scalping? In no hurry to buy one though.
I managed to snag a 5800x from newegg at launch. My understanding is that they're sold out pretty much everywhere, but it took longer to sell out.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

Maybe a dumb question, but why so many fans? I have four fans in total in my PC (not counting the GFX card), one on my CPU heat sink. One directly over the cpu fan on a grate in the wall of the case, and one on either end of the case for air flow. I never have heating problems (except when I hadn't cleaned them in a while, but that was solved with some rubbing alcohol and elbow grease).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
When you need to update the bios without the CPU, it helps to do that BEFORE YOU PUT THE CPU AND COOLER IN.

Once I figured that out things went smoothly and it's working well.

This is what I ended up with.

What is the real price youre paying for that 1080TI or do you already have that?

Amazon has had some restock of 5900x as recently as a day ago. I'd just watch r/buildapcsales for updates - people post frequently there for restock or items on sale.

Maybe a dumb question, but why so many fans? I have four fans in total in my PC (not counting the GFX card), one on my CPU heat sink. One directly over the cpu fan on a grate in the wall of the case, and one on either end of the case for air flow. I never have heating problems (except when I hadn't cleaned them in a while, but that was solved with some rubbing alcohol and elbow grease).

I dont quite have an answer for this, not one that would make sense beyond "why not?" - as mentioned im mimicking the P8 Build from a thermaltake video with the sensor panel used in XoticPC's wraith. Honestly what i should do is fit another radiator in somewhere.

1605189165451.png

I think the Thermaltake P3, P5, and P8 are my favorite cases to work with. I know everyone and their mother has the O11 Dynamic but for me personally i prefer the open case more.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Haven't watched any reviews but wondering which is the gaming cpu among the 5000x series? Saw 5600x mentioned earlier.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Depends id say, the 5600x seems like the sweet spot with good ram unless you want to buy the 5900x. However some want the 5800x so in the end its everything BUT the 5950x

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Some BIOS can be updated with just usb and no cpu - id check with the manual to see its available on your board.

• 1Like