<Gold Donor>
PXL_20201107_213049182.jpg

Ryzen 5600x came in today. All i need now is the Radeon 6800XT

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Newegg had stock of black a few days back for about 6 hours. Well actually they had them all and I posted it in the desktop thread but no one seemed to check it in time.
Yea, my build is a bit off still so was just checking to see if they actually made them in Black. I don't think the crazy will calm down anytime soon, but I think I'll start piecing it together pretty soon.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My 5800x arrived yesterday but I won't have time to do anything with it until Tuesday.

First world problems.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My 5800x arrived yesterday but I won't have time to do anything with it until Tuesday.

First world problems.

I need to read up on OCing ram, tried to set mine to 4000hz and forgot to change timings and that didnt go to well. the XMP is 3800hz w/ CL14, but i want to do 4000hz w/ CL14 or 15

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I need to read up on OCing ram, tried to set mine to 4000hz and forgot to change timings and that didnt go to well. the XMP is 3800hz w/ CL14, but i want to do 4000hz w/ CL14 or 15

My current system has some slow 2400 ram that I'll be using until I figure out where the sweet spot is. I doubt I'll be bothering with any overclocking, but I always like to leave the option open.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My current system has some slow 2400 ram that I'll be using until I figure out where the sweet spot is. I doubt I'll be bothering with any overclocking, but I always like to leave the option open.

Just buy this.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Only 3200? I was under the impression that the 5000 series benefitted from faster ram. I was going to wait for people to do tests and see if it was worth buying something 3600 or up.
It's all the same chips. With "faster" ram you're just paying for numbers pre-programmed in EEPROM.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

Some interesting results. It seems 4x8 GB has 5%+ better performance and 2x16 GB may be even better.
It has to do with memory ranks on the sticks themselves and potentially the board design. The 8gb sticks he was running were single rank, 16gb are usually double rank and fully utilized as a pair like the 4 individual single ranks.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It has to do with memory ranks on the sticks themselves and potentially the board design. The 8gb sticks he was running were single rank, 16gb are usually double rank and fully utilized as a pair like the 4 individual single ranks.

I've been reading up on that. My mobo is daisy chain topology, so I'm looking at grabbing this 2x16. It's cheaper than most 4x8s anyway.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I've been reading up on that. My mobo is daisy chain topology, so I'm looking at grabbing this 2x16. It's cheaper than most 4x8s anyway.

I’m going itx, so I don’t even have much of a choice besides 2x16 :p

I went with the 3600 trident cl 16-19-19 kit and apparently I’ll need to install their software to disable the memory rgb nonsense, reeee. Probably cover the diffuser bars with black gaffer tape.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I’m going itx, so I don’t even have much of a choice besides 2x16 :p

I went with the 3600 trident cl 16-19-19 kit and apparently I’ll need to install their software to disable the memory rgb nonsense, reeee. Probably cover the diffuser bars with black gaffer tape.

I'm an anti RGB guy, so I'm right with you on that one. The case I got has a glass door, so I'm making sure everything I get is unlit. The mobo has it but that can be disabled in the bios.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wait, htf do you find out the topography of the motherboard?

Subscribe to Actual Hardcore Overclocking on YouTube and watch him draw diagrams of every motherboard that exists basically. Or click that spreadsheet I guess.

• 1Worf

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Subscribe to Actual Hardcore Overclocking on YouTube and watch him draw diagrams of every motherboard that exists basically. Or click that spreadsheet I guess.
Hah I read the post and just didn't even see the spreadsheet link. Sorry.

edit: "To be determined"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Seems like most top boards are daisy chain. Wonder if a pleb like me would even notice the incremental difference that 2 vs 4 stick performance increase would make.

already purchased my RAM as well, would have to return it and use dummy sticks for full hard on RGB.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Seems like most top boards are daisy chain. Wonder if a pleb like me would even notice the incremental difference that 2 vs 4 stick performance increase would make.

already purchased my RAM as well, would have to return it and use dummy sticks for full hard on RGB.
Well that vod reported something like 15% to 20% diff which is huge, some games was like 20+frames.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Well that vod reported something like 15% to 20% diff which is huge, some games was like 20+frames.
Absolute shame, I watched it and agree. Will return my 32 GB kit, shame there are no dummy RGB sticks for the dominator platinum series. Will need to change it up.