Desktop Computers

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Are you still happy with your 6800xt? Not sure I’m willing to go to the 3060. I have waited this long, hopefully EVGA will hit me soon for the 3080.

No complaints atm - just using it till i get a waterblock for my 3090 - i dont think ill ever notice a difference since my screen is capped at 4k120 anyways. At the rate the 3090 waterblocks are going ill likely be better off getting a 6900xt since those waterblocks are available

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Middle of October, do you know what date the spreadsheet is through? I haven’t cared to take the time to find/view it and see.
Would be curious how far they've actually gotten. Newegg seems to have a ton of stock for the 3060's as well.

What time is it all going live tomorrow?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
confirmed on twitter earlier today i believe, same as the other launches: 9a est 6a pst

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is this a decent desktop for an older setup? Don't care about top of the line gaming. LYTE Hyper V2 - Core i5 4570 | GTX 1060 | 8GB RAM | SSD + HDD | Lyte Gaming PCs
And how many monitors can I hook up to this?
a ton
ca67fab6e28202c98e3de3d1cc7e8e8c.png

3 dps , 1hdmi and 1 dvi

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Not a bad desktop, though they're definitely using the cheapest parts they can get. Main concern the disclaimer that they could use a different GPU of "equal or greater performance" depending on availability.

You won't need the additional bandwidth of DP over HDMI with that machine, so if your current monitor is HDMI you can just use that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is that a decent desktop for someone that doesn't have high gaming standards?

And I haven't seen the dp connectors. Do I need a specific monitor for that, or an adapter?
1060 is pretty nice imo, it's actually really nice that you have so many connectors on and 3 dp's to boot, so you can go from dp to hdmi and you'd be fine... "MOST" monitors are hdmi now, some lower lower end will be dvi/vga, so you really should be fine w/ a basic hdmi to hdmi cable. imo if buy a new monitor now, they usually give you el cheapo cable, and you'll connect to it fine, so just do that.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You're not saying that an hdmi plug wl plug into the dp port too, right? I want to get set up at home with 2 or 3 monitors, so I'm assuming if I get 3x of the same hdmi monitors and 2x adapters, I'd be good?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You're not saying that an hdmi plug wl plug into the dp port too, right? I want to get set up at home with 2 or 3 monitors, so I'm assuming if I get 3x of the same hdmi monitors and 2x adapters, I'd be good?

Yeah, you'll be fine with DP to HDMI adapters. You can use DVI to HDMI too if you like for one.

Most new monitors have both DP and HDMI ports, so if you're buying new ones just check what connections they have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user