Desktop Computers

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had an older set, we are putting on the other side of the house.

I have a decent grill, but buddy won't stfu about his pellet grill... I dunno about that, but him not shutting the fuck up about it is driving the urge to get one.

Just like these cards.

It's just turning nice outside, go outside people.

Graphics cards prolly be easier to get at the end of summer. You might even enjoy it
Pellet grills are amazing, best grill I’ve ever had by a lot. Food turns out perfect every time, I don’t fuck up and burn it once in a while like my neighbor with a green egg. don’t have to babysit it all day like my neighbors egg. Not as messy as an egg. His wife compliments my food more than her husband with the egg, has me send him recipes. My jalapeño poppers she took a bite and said “whoa these are way better than yours honey, get this recipe” lol

Also my 3070 is great too.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Aight bought this ABS Gladiator for $3600 from Newegg:

• Intel Core i9 10850K 3.60GHz (5.20GHz Turbo Boost), 10-Core 20-Thread
  • ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 10GB OC
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, WiFi 6E
  • CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum 280MM Liquid Cooling
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
  • CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB
  • CORSAIR RMx 850W 80 Plus Gold
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • VR Ready
Getting it on Monday and it's a way better deal than the bullshit Origin is peddling. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the Intel 660P. Is that any good?

Pricewise its the best budget SSD but IIRC when the storage nears 70% the speed drops by like half or something? System not bad overall considering current climate and its ready now. All the parts seem premium and that mobo is near $400 alone. There is a premium in as well but outside of living near a microcenter, its still good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pellet grills are amazing, best grill I’ve ever had by a lot. Food turns out perfect every time, I don’t fuck up and burn it once in a while like my neighbor with a green egg. don’t have to babysit it all day like my neighbors egg. Not as messy as an egg. His wife compliments my food more than her husband with the egg, has me send him recipes. My jalapeño poppers she took a bite and said “whoa these are way better than yours honey, get this recipe” lol

Also my 3070 is great too.
if you use cream cheese for your poopers i want the recipe too

also i just replaced the whole controller unit in mine, i have no idea what happened but either bad electronics or bad thermometer, who knows, i probably could have gotten warranty but too annoying, easier just to get a controller, it's a different brand than what my grill is, but seems like most of the grills in that range use the same rebranded controller anyway.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Pricewise its the best budget SSD but IIRC when the storage nears 70% the speed drops by like half or something? System not bad overall considering current climate and its ready now. All the parts seem premium and that mobo is near $400 alone. There is a premium in as well but outside of living near a microcenter, its still good.

$3600 was the all in price. It was $3,300 + taxes and shipping. So, still pretty good I thought.

If Alienware shipped in days instead of months I’d have a 3090 :(

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When you buy a Alienware with an nvidia card, do you get an FE or do you get some kind of offbrand OEM thing?

Edit: apprently it's some OEM thing that looks like a knock-off EVGA cooler.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When you buy a Alienware with an nvidia card, do you get an FE or do you get some kind of offbrand OEM thing?

Edit: apprently it's some OEM thing that looks like a knock-off EVGA cooler.
says it's a shortened pcb and a vapor chamber cooler

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This utter myth that the Zotac cards are worse than other AIB's is total nonsense, particularly if you are undervolting like everyone probably should be doing anyways. I actually found the Zotac 3080 to be quieter, and cooler than the MSI Gaming Trio, with similar build quality. I would absolutely buy another one if given the chance over anything but maybe the Strixx or the FE, as they also look really good. The MSI one I have now is ugly af in comparison, with a very cheap LED strip as the RGB solution.

Actually, if the Zotac 3080 AMP HOLO ever becomes available, that'd probably be my first choice. Love the way it looks, but I've never even seen one in the wild, nor seen it go up for sale anywhere so I'm convinced it's just a marketing ploy at this point.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is newegg still doing the shuffle?

Edit: Nevermind. I just looked and the last one had a 3090 for $2100. Yeah no.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I'm thinking I can add my 500GB 980 M.2 Nvme to the MOBO as my boot drive, add my gaming hybrid 2TB drive, and just make sure the the Intel 660P doesn't go over 500GB. Maybe I'll put my games on it? IDK. I'll have to think about my options.

I also have a four year old 1000 WATT EVGA Gold power supply I can use to replace this one. IDK if that's necessary though.

Then I have a two PC's worth of shit to sell. Maybe I should put my 4 1070's to work mining ETH?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Aren’t the zotacs only shit if you’re trying to OC them? I’ve read people that don’t OC say they’ve had no issues.
I had a Zotac 1060 that's still going strong years later. Never OCed it and it has been fine. Only "change" I ever made was changing the nVidia control panel settings so it doesn't intentionally downthrottle the card.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
How's Newegg able to ship out prebuilts in 3 days and all these major custom pc places have 8 week lead times?

Fucker

Log Wizard
How's Newegg able to ship out prebuilts in 3 days and all these major custom pc places have 8 week lead times?
ruyt.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah my old card was a 1070 Zotac and it ran fine for years, actually since I got theis new PC, I gave the old one to my kid which he is now playing on the Zotac. Actually now thinking, only ever card I had problems with was an old ATI something Sapphire, which I got DOA from newegg. Maybe 5850?

Fucker

Log Wizard
The prebuilt I got is far from trash. But, if Newegg is orders of magnitude larger than the custom PC guys, it makes sense.

You haven't gotten it yet, and already you are planning on swapping out parts. Might be ok on a $1k build...but a $3k one? Hehehe.

Kiki

Log Wizard

You answered your own question. Prebuilts already have video cards, whereas these custom places are seeing crazy increases in demand because the secret is out (my order in Feb had a 4 week lead time). You can order one even if it's not in stock, it's perfect for people that don't want to compromise and are lazy. So now they have to wait for it to come in stock, put all your custom options in your custom case and burn it in. They also have plenty of 3060s prebuilts on their site ready to go.