Desktop Computers

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
YEah its basically what I got. Shit is solid. That i7 proc is top of the line, even comparable to the latest ryzens. The 3070 will serve you well for 1080p and up to 1440p. Add a storage drive in there and youre golden. (which you can add yourself)

Also get the KF version fo the processor. Its basically the same thing although cheaper because it does not have on board graphics. For the savings get a better cooler, maybe a 240mm radiator instead of a 120mm. That proc runs warm.
maybe hold off on adding a second drive for now, hard drive prices are nearing 3080 prices cuz ppl are now mining chia coins which uses hard drive space

this is purely 3.5 hard drives with platters, it doesn't affect SSD's (or any nvme, etc) b/c this hard drive coin mining will kill a ssd in a month.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Do you have a parts list for this build? I can guess on some of them.

Did you move over into the full build "market" versus just GPU's? I love building computers so thought about doing it as well, but never took the leap.

Nah i do sell prebuilts but i only build for myself unless i have enough parts to make another build. I can however get you a list of everything inside of this.
AMD Ryzen 5950X
Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
32GB Gskill 3800 CL14
MSI MEG ACE X570
Samsung 980 Pros

Now the watercooling and Case
[Case]O11 Dynamic XL
[Radiators] EKWB SE and PE 360
EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple) and EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)
[Distro and Res] EKWB Reflection on front and EKWB FLT360 on side
EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11D XL D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi and EK-Quantum Volume FLT 360 D-RGB - Plexi
[CPU Block] EK Quantum Magnitude AM4
[GPU Block] EK Quantum Vector 3090 FE - Black Special Edition
[Fans] Lian Li Uni Fans SL120
[Flow Meter] Thermaltake Pacific TF2 Flow and Temperature indicator
[Coolant] EKWB Mystic Fog

The rest is just fittings, soft tubing and other misc parts. I did utilize USB internal hubs for 3.0 and 2.0 as well as ARGB hub that everything could plug into.

Intel 10700k
Asus Prime Z490
32GB Corsair 3600 CL16 White
WD SN750 drives
Gigabyte Vision RTX 3070

Smaller things
[AIO] Corsair - iCUE H100i Elite Capellix 240 - White
[Case] Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini - Snow
[Cables] Lian Li Strimer Plus 8+8 and 24pin
and
[Fans] Lian Li Uni Fan SL120 - White
[PSU] SilverStone SX700-PT SFX 700w 80 plus platinum

Same thing as other with small things added for utilization. I did not use the corsair fans because f anything corsair fan related.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So which 3440x1440 monitor doesn't suck these days? Price is no real object.

I just bought an Asus VG34VQL1B kind of on a whim and I'm gonna have to just return it tomorrow. The motion blur is fucking unreal and Path of Exile is basically unplayable, so either this monitor is just broken or these VA panels are unusable trash? It has a "low motion blur" option you can enable, which helps a bit, but also adds a ton of fucking color trails all over, so my choices are vaseline vision during motion or fucked up colors all over the place.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I just bought an Asus VG34VQL1B kind of on a whim and I'm gonna have to just return it tomorrow. The motion blur is fucking unreal and Path of Exile is basically unplayable, so either this monitor is just broken or these VA panels are unusable trash? It has a "low motion blur" option you can enable, which helps a bit, but also adds a ton of fucking color trails all over, so my choices are vaseline vision during motion or fucked up colors all over the place.

Checking the rtings review, that seems to be the main knock on that one. I don't use UW monitors so I don't have any recommendations for alternatives though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Checking the rtings review, that seems to be the main knock on that one. I don't use UW monitors so I don't have any recommendations for alternatives though.

Yep that's the exact problem I've having with it already. Apparently this is just a thing with VA panels?

Puts me in kind of a weird spot cause my two main games (PoE and Tarkov) both benefit massively using the ultrawide resolution, but also both look absolutely shit if there's motion blur/smearing.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yep that's the exact problem I've having with it already. Apparently this is just a thing with VA panels?

Puts me in kind of a weird spot cause my two main games (PoE and Tarkov) both benefit massively using the ultrawide resolution, but also both look absolutely shit if there's motion blur/smearing.

I'm not likely to even consider UW monitors for a few more years, I'm usually well behind the curve on them. I picked this up in January and have been very pleased with it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not likely to even consider UW monitors for a few more years, I'm usually well behind the curve on them. I picked this up in January and have been very pleased with it.

when my moving guy came to inspect my stuff, he saw all my monitors and asked

"please tell me you don't have a curved monitor"

i don't

"good, they break all the time during transport, no matter how good we crate them, so we don't even transport them anymore"

• 1Worf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

i don't

"good, they break all the time during transport, no matter how good we crate them, so we don't even transport them anymore"

The only reason I could think of where I would want something curved is for some crazy immersive cockpit setup if I hit it rich. At that point VR would probably be a better option anyway.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

i don't

I keep all the boxes and packing materials for all my monitors just in case I have to move them.

Spoiler: I've been in the exact same room for 32 years.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

38LG or AW - 34inch LG nano IPS - meh pretty much any 34 inch ips with 165hz+

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Whatever you tried to embed from Amazon didn't work.

I have a pair of 27" 1440 IPS monitors already. Nothing is wrong with either of them, the plan was to get the ultrawide and move the two 27" to vertical and use them mainly for productivity, with the ultrawide center for game stuff.

The mega resolution is definitely nice, but man the VA panel is tough to swallow after having IPS for so many years.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Whatever you tried to embed from Amazon didn't work.

I have a pair of 27" 1440 IPS monitors already. Nothing is wrong with either of them, the plan was to get the ultrawide and move the two 27" to vertical and use them mainly for productivity, with the ultrawide center for game stuff.

The mega resolution is definitely nice, but man the VA panel is tough to swallow after having IPS for so many years.

it was the LG 27GL83A-B, which is a 27" 1440 IPS. If you've got an ad blocker on it might be interfering with the amazon embed.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
AMD just shit on Nvidia - bent over, forced open Nvidia mouth and just dumped all into their grill.