Desktop Computers

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
find a new hobby that doesnt require you to sink a lot of money into overspending on something that costs more than it should. collecting double-marked-up Yeezies is not a long term play.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
didnt wanna make a new thread so ill ask here see if anyone can help

anyone familiar with using bots to buy shit? im not trying to buy or resell GPUs or anything, botting has taken over even shoe releases and im trying to not pay 2-300$ over Retail because of bots, if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me whatever DM me i dont mind paying as it will save me $$ in the end not having to pay a scalper

So unlike these namsypansys i can give you a clear look on using bots.

Not going to drag it out but its not worth it unless you plan to go all in

Cost of renting or buying bot (whop.io if curious on rental)
Cost of checkout IPs (spaceproxies is good)
Cost of residentials to keep checking on stock (bart proxies) <---- this is where most of your money goes
Cost of subscription to a discord group membership if you want to rely on their pings

You may think you just set up your bot and walk away, which you can do but doing bots and reselling takes huge chunks of your day - I would not recommend this unless you had a good 5k in funds to put into this. Its not going to cost that much a month or anything but honestly if youre looking into it then you may as well go to the darkside and scalp. I did this while at work since i had access to an abundance of servers and computers to launch the bot at random at work and monitor discord chat and random youtube streams for drops.

This is an expensive endeavor and it CAN be quite lucrative if done correct - but its full of trial and error and some weeks you will feel you are wasting your time and will get no drops or lame drops.

So let me reiterate, if youre trying to get gpus or shoes or whatever, youre better off sucking it up and buying one at the lowest possible price locally via facebook or via reddit. I assume you the start cost for botting will exceed the $300 you dont want to spend, that is unless youre going to grind it out and make money off it.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve never pursued the shoes. But I’ve been able to score a PS5, a series X and a FE 3080Ti using only the Spiel Times discord - granted I’ve been lucky as well.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I’ve never pursued the shoes. But I’ve been able to score a PS5, a series X and a FE 3080Ti using only the Spiel Times discord - granted I’ve been lucky as well.

Likewise - got into the bot scene late - prior to bot i was destroying bestbuy just using multiple devices and tabs - I wrecked WalMart on consoles using affiliate links. Now things have slowed down in some areas but not in some others. Consoles arent hard to get if you put in a decent amount of time and GPUs are easy if you live near Microcenter.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had a series X in my cart at Best Buy the other day and then didn't check out because I didn't want to go pick it up on a Wednesday lol.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have barely dabbled into reselling of late, think i did some newegg combos and some ram but otherwise too costly to do it unless i want to do it as a full time job.

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
I like upgrading my PC, I used to build PCs for MidwestMicro.
Started as a Skytech prebuilt
Screenshot_20220112-090521_Chrome.jpg

Upgraded the ram to 32 but in a rush I didn't check QVL and it runs at 2133hz, have compatible 3000hz ram on the way.
Upgraded PC to Ryzen7 3700x and added nvme and second SSD

Where does it stop? Do I upgrade GPU? Kinda want a 6900xt but need to upgrade PSU.
450chipset

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I like upgrading my PC, I used to build PCs for MidwestMicro.
Started as a Skytech prebuilt
View attachment 392568
Upgraded the ram to 32 but in a rush I didn't check QVL and it runs at 2133hz, have compatible 3000hz ram on the way.
Upgraded PC to Ryzen7 3700x and added nvme and second SSD

Where does it stop? Do I upgrade GPU? Kinda want a 6900xt but need to upgrade PSU.
450chipset

Might consider moving the guts to a better case. Can't see everything, but it looks terrible for airflow.

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
Might consider moving the guts to a better case. Can't see everything, but it looks terrible for airflow.
It has a front vent, 3x140mm back and top, and a front 120mm case fan. Also top is a mesh.
Also it sits on cold concrete in a cold basement.

Also considered upgrading and selling this, MicroCenters PowerSpec look cool, not a bunch of RGB
20220109_165340.jpg
20210227_103926.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It has a front vent, 3x140mm back and top, and a front 120mm case fan. Also top is a mesh.
Also it sits on cold concrete in a cold basement.

Also considered upgrading and selling this, MicroCenters PowerSpec look cool, not a bunch of RGB
View attachment 392580View attachment 392581

Am I correct guessing that vent on the left side of the front is the only intake? That's pretty restrictive if so. Having the entire front be mesh allows the fans to move a lot more air.

Granted, if temps are fine at max load then it's not a big deal until your next round of upgrades. I used to have a Fractal Define R5 and there was a significant improvement when I moved everything in to a Phanteks P500a.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Am I correct guessing that vent on the left side of the front is the only intake? That's pretty restrictive if so. Having the entire front be mesh allows the fans to move a lot more air.

Granted, if temps are fine at max load then it's not a big deal until your next round of upgrades. I used to have a Fractal Define R5 and there was a significant improvement when I moved everything in to a Phanteks P500a.
yes, thats a tt h200, a 3yr old case, and obviously with such min airflow it has really high pressure, i like Hydromarty Hydromarty was checking out the cheap builds on amazon as prebuilt garabage is just about the only way for a videocard, under no circumstance besides covid/mining 2022 chip shortage world would i even consider this... (but i need to build a machine soon for dance dance revolution, lulz)

Hydromarty Hydromarty , airflow will def be your next upgrade either w/ the aio/heatsink, case, or case fans in that order, if not for airflow then for noise levels

(that case is pretty restrictive)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
yes, thats a tt h200, a 3yr old case, and obviously with such min airflow it has really high pressure, i like Hydromarty Hydromarty was checking out the cheap builds on amazon as prebuilt garabage is just about the only way for a videocard, under no circumstance besides covid/mining 2022 chip shortage world would i even consider this... (but i need to build a machine soon for dance dance revolution, lulz)

Hydromarty Hydromarty , airflow will def be your next upgrade either w/ the aio/heatsink, case, or case fans in that order, if not for airflow then for noise levels

(that case is pretty restrictive)
Yea, I saw a YT video that said the same about the case but he didn't even have the PC he was judging by pics. I've not noticed any thermal throttling but I'm gonna check it out when i get back home.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Who remembers Silky Venom from the vanguard days? (web site). Use to be a dude on there that would periodically update a chart with different tiers of the best values of desktops, etc. I wish one of you had a passion for that.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
Air flow from the front is bad. Look at the front panel with the tiny slit and nothing more. Anyways, I added two intake fans to the front. They seemed to pull air in somehow
20220114_204131.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-073639_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-073619_Chrome.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
An o11 air mini is like $130 or so and would be a huge upgrade over that case, then snag a sfx-l psu and then you can grab a 6900XT for the build

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
LTT just put up a video on Floatplane that I'll forget to post in a few days when it drops on youtube so I'm talking about it now.

HP has a new case that has the CPU radiator in a separate compartment that is completely isolated from the rest of the case and draws fresh air in and exhausts it independently so that the case is isolated and that radiator isn't drawing hot air from the case or exhausting hot air into it. It's a really great idea.

Edit: Spoiler alert HP gimps the prebuilt

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
LTT just put up a video on Floatplane that I'll forget to post in a few days when it drops on youtube so I'm talking about it now.

HP has a new case that has the CPU radiator in a separate compartment that is completely isolated from the rest of the case and draws fresh air in and exhausts it independently so that the case is isolated and that radiator isn't drawing hot air from the case or exhausting hot air into it. It's a really great idea.

Edit: Spoiler alert HP gimps the prebuilt

I got you bro:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What GPU would pair best with an old i5-2500k? I have a GTX 970. I'm considering building a mini-ITX build out of old parts for my son. The cost of mini-ITX parts is probably more than it's worth but this is just hobby money because I enjoy building computers.